Technical Doblo 1.9 Multijet lack of power

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo 1.9 Multijet lack of power

str

Hi, i'm need some advice. First of all sorry for my english.
So recently bought a 2008 1.9 jtd multijet doblo. (120 hp 5 seater)

It works fine, but then on a longer trip around 80km/h I pressed the gas pedal to the metal and it dosen't want to go, then I stop start the car again and everything is fine.
But then after a few minutes it's happend again, the car is accelerating really slow, but when its hitting 2000-2200rpm the power kicks in and its pull like a train and its fine even the lower rpms.

It's started doing this sometimes no power on lower rpms but then its fine for a while, and the again no power. After a few days its getting worse, the car hardly reach higher rpms its a nightmare to reach 2000rpm.

No chech engine, no fault codes.

I read some post in here, checked the egr but it as clear as new, changed the MAP sensor and the boost solenoid/n75 valve and disconnect the battery for about 2 hours. After that the car felt like new its pulling from 1000rpm and has power.
I'm happy and going for work (about 70km trip with 100km/h) after 30-40km while i overtake a truck (rpm about 3-4000rpm) check engine light turn on and car goes in to limp mode.
Today I checked it with a cheap elm327 reader and it only show one code: p2002 - particulate trap, bank 1 - efficiency below thershold.

Its the dpf, but i more use the car for longer (60-70+ km) trips, then in the city. The dpf regeneration lapm never turn on while im driving.

It's my dpf are dead or can be something else causing this problems?

Hi, i'm need some advice. First of all sorry for my english.
So recently bought a 2008 1.9 jtd multijet doblo. (120 hp 5 seater)

It works fine, but then on a longer trip around 80km/h I pressed the gas pedal to the metal and it dosen't want to go, then I stop start the car again and everything is fine.
But then after a few minutes it's happend again, the car is accelerating really slow, but when its hitting 2000-2200rpm the power kicks in and its pull like a train and its fine even the lower rpms.

It's started doing this sometimes no power on lower rpms but then its fine for a while, and the again no power. After a few days its getting worse, the car hardly reach higher rpms its a nightmare to reach 2000rpm.

No chech engine, no fault codes.

I read some post in here, checked the egr but it as clear as new, changed the MAP sensor and the boost solenoid/n75 valve and disconnect the battery for about 2 hours. After that the car felt like new its pulling from 1000rpm and has power.
I'm happy and going for work (about 70km trip with 100km/h) after 30-40km while i overtake a truck (rpm about 3-4000rpm) check engine light turn on and car goes in to limp mode.
Today I checked it with a cheap elm327 reader and it only show one code: p2002 - particulate trap, bank 1 - efficiency below thershold.

Its the dpf, but i more use the car for longer (60-70+ km) trips, then in the city. The dpf regeneration lapm never turn on while im driving.

It's my dpf are dead or can be something else causing this problems?
If you can get a Fiat "multiscan " program and leads for your computer you should get more detail.
Assuming it is the DPF , there are some DIY treatments which may help if not to badly blocked, there are companies that will "clean " your DPF, I had success on a Citroen by taking the DPF off and soaking it in strong bleach and oven cleaner for a couple of days, then using a commercial steam cleaner to get loads of brown muck out.
Note, many people say this can damage your DPF, so do what you think best. Also even after cleaning it will still need the diagnostic tool to tell the ECU that the work has been done, to clear the fault codes etc.
The reason I did mine was the price of a new DPF was nearly as much as I paid for the car!:(

Hi :)

I am not convinced your car has a DPF

does the light on the screen of the dashboard show?

A basic OBD reader obviously cannot 'see' the errors the vehicle is storing

MultiECUScan should be capable of reading the relevant items for a DPF equipped Multijet

Oil Quality
DPF blocking %

Dpf pressure sensor data

There is a FREE version of MES.. good enough to make sure your laptop and cables are good :cool:

But to diagnose DPF problems you probably need the €50 full licence

My old marea JTD was like this.. but no DPF .. I think it was a damaged hose

Some days Full Boost.. other days no Turbo effect ( and no errors )
tijet

Sorry for the late reply.
If you can get a Fiat "multiscan " program and leads for your computer you should get more detail.
Assuming it is the DPF , there are some DIY treatments which may help if not to badly blocked, there are companies that will "clean " your DPF, I had success on a Citroen by taking the DPF off and soaking it in strong bleach and oven cleaner for a couple of days, then using a commercial steam cleaner to get loads of brown muck out.
Note, many people say this can damage your DPF, so do what you think best. Also even after cleaning it will still need the diagnostic tool to tell the ECU that the work has been done, to clear the fault codes etc.
The reason I did mine was the price of a new DPF was nearly as much as I paid for the car!:(

Hi :)

I am not convinced your car has a DPF

does the light on the screen of the dashboard show?

A basic OBD reader obviously cannot 'see' the errors the vehicle is storing

MultiECUScan should be capable of reading the relevant items for a DPF equipped Multijet

Oil Quality
DPF blocking %

Dpf pressure sensor data

There is a FREE version of MES.. good enough to make sure your laptop and cables are good :cool:

But to diagnose DPF problems you probably need the €50 full licence

My old marea JTD was like this.. but no DPF .. I think it was a damaged hose

Some days Full Boost.. other days no Turbo effect ( and no errors )
tijet
Sadly i don't have a laptop nor an ios device so multiecuscan is not an option.

The dpf force regen has done about 4 weeks ago when i'm bought the car. I want to bring the car to a professional anyway, who can clean the dpf properly, but christmas is coming and every one full.

I tried to read fiat specific codes with alfaobd but it's not connecting to the ecu correctly. But I bring the car to a mechanic this week. I hope they find the problem, and it's something small like a sensor.

Sorry for the late reply.

Sadly i don't have a laptop nor an ios device so multiecuscan is not an option.

The dpf force regen has done about 4 weeks ago when i'm bought the car. I want to bring the car to a professional anyway, who can clean the dpf properly, but christmas is coming and every one full.

I tried to read fiat specific codes with alfaobd but it's not connecting to the ecu correctly. But I bring the car to a mechanic this week. I hope they find the problem, and it's something small like a sensor.
If the forced regen was done when you bought the car it sounds like the seller knew there was a problem when they sold you the car, so unless you bought the car very cheap I would be inclined to take it back. Was it a garage or a "private seller"?

If the forced regen was done when you bought the car it sounds like the seller knew there was a problem when they sold you the car, so unless you bought the car very cheap I would be inclined to take it back. Was it a garage or a "private seller"?
Its done by 4-5 days after it. I bring it to a repair shop for timing belt, glow plug, oil, and clutch change. They said the glow plugs are a bit dirty and the dpf are clogged about 60% so they do a forced regen just in case.

After i bought the car i will drove it around 2-300km and it was fine, there is no problem at all with it.

The problems started about 1 week after the service.

The car is in the middle of the price range and it's like brand new inside one or two plastic are weared but looks like the previous owner are cared about the car.

Its done by 4-5 days after it. I bring it to a repair shop for timing belt, glow plug, oil, and clutch change. They said the glow plugs are a bit dirty and the dpf are clogged about 60% so they do a forced regen just in case.

After i bought the car i will drove it around 2-300km and it was fine, there is no problem at all with it.

The problems started about 1 week after the service.

The car is in the middle of the price range and it's like brand new inside one or two plastic are weared but looks like the previous owner are cared about the car.
I bought the car from a garage, but i know the owner, so i don't think he want to fool me.

That is good, but he may still want to help you:)
Yesterday afternoon I bringed the car home from the mechanic. It turns out the Mass Air Flow sensor is broken and causing of the lack of power. Now the car is fine.

The dpf blocked around 96% and after a forced regen it went down only to 80%.

Should i drive it for a longer trip or I need a proper cleaning?
I read somewhere the dpf blockage is move around a 0-250%, not on a 0-100% range. Sorry for my incompetence but this is my first diesel car.

And thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Yesterday afternoon I bringed the car home from the mechanic. It turns out the Mass Air Flow sensor is broken and causing of the lack of power. Now the car is fine.

The dpf blocked around 96% and after a forced regen it went down only to 80%.

Should i drive it for a longer trip or I need a proper cleaning?
I read somewhere the dpf blockage is move around a 0-250%, not on a 0-100% range. Sorry for my incompetence but this is my first diesel car.

And thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
I had continuous black smoke from a 55 plate1.9JTD Doblo , on mine it was the wiring plug at the MAF sensor.
80% is still fairly high, but I can't see how you can get 250% blockage so I would doubt that information.
Sounds like the faulty MAF was causing the DPF soot build up, can you get any additive to put in the fuel that cleans the DPF along with giving it a longer runs to give it a chance to clean it's self and see if it improves.
Don't worry about not knowing, no one knows everything especially me, but there are a lot of people who think they do.;)

Back