Doblo 1.3 diesel. Low power when first starting

Currently reading:
Doblo 1.3 diesel. Low power when first starting

AngusKeith

my doblo diesel struggles on low power after first starting and I have difficulty in accelerating. After 2-3 minutes the power comes back and the van pulls and runs perfectly fine. This did this last year but stopped doing it but it has recently startec doing it again. I’ve been told aftermarket fuel filters sometimes causes issues?and I was advised to fit a genuine fiat part. Would cleaning the Mass airflow sensor help?
any advice is most welcome. Van is well maintained and was serviced about 1500 miles ago but that was 8 months ago. oil and filter was changed in sept when a new sump was fitted.

Unless fuel filter not tight allowing a slight bit of air in over night , then surely if filter blocked it would be the same hot or cold.
As varescrazy says cold cylinder, is there slight white smoke like unburnt fuel from exhaust?
It may be worth checking heater plug operation.
One of my daughters had a 1.3 Multi Grande Punto that was worse from cold especially Winter time but it had done around 150K miles so compressions were not as new ;).
Trouble was, it wasn't inundated with power on a good day:)

Hi all. Van starts perfectly well in cold and revs. No white smoke on start up. Van idles ok when started it only occurs when trying to pull away. It matters not cold or warm weather it was happening in springtime as well now it just stopped during the summer. Van has 135k miles

Hi all. Van starts perfectly well in cold and revs. No white smoke on start up. Van idles ok when started it only occurs when trying to pull away. It matters not cold or warm weather it was happening in springtime as well now it just stopped during the summer. Van has 135k miles
No error codes?
Have you compared it with a similar version from cold, as I say, my daughters wasn't inundated with power on a good day especially from cold, hers was a 75Hp I think and they did a 90Hp version.
What is your instincts regarding the problem driving it?

My instincts are fuel issue possibly pressure but I’m guessing. Will check sensors and error codes at weeked

Early were probably 75 bhp

@2008 there were options to 90bhp

DPF was also becoming an option then I believe

My 3 x 1248cc were all 2007/8 and 75 bhp with no DPF

The later variants had the Glowplugs hidden.. and were all DPF I believe

No idea which variant we are discussing here unfortunately.

@Poperon might just be able to offer some experienced words

Update. Apart from a flat battery there is is a crack in the air intake box just above the intake from the MAF sensor but closer to the air filter. I’ve taped this up as a temp repair to see if this made a difference.
So far the engine is running better and is pulling ok from start.
Maybe just a coincidence but I will do a permanent repair or replace the plastic air filter box before I do anything else.
Thoughts as to this could have been the issue I’m the first place

Back