Do you see any weird people often?

Currently reading:
Do you see any weird people often?

KeepItFiat

That freak you out and you would go out of your way to avoid them? There is a few regulars around here, one always has his head down and never looks up, hands in pocket, same scruffy clothes, with a lonely walk and face, always on own. The other is another scruffy dressed young man who trys to walk like a chav always on own.

We have a woman who walks all over our region. From Snaith to Selby (10 miles distance), but she is an absolute nutter. She walks at the side of a busy road which is 60mph limit, with a wheely trolley (the kind you pull), and if she sees any litter in the middle of the road, she just walks out to pick it up.

Im surprised she hasnt been run over yet :eek:

We have a woman who walks all over our region. From Snaith to Selby (10 miles distance), but she is an absolute nutter. She walks at the side of a busy road which is 60mph limit, with a wheely trolley (the kind you pull), and if she sees any litter in the middle of the road, she just walks out to pick it up.

I see the council cleaning department are avoiding their responsibilities again then:)

Thanks - The kind of replies I was looking for. You could be my neighbour. :wave:

Thers a few come in the shop lol.
Theres one called 'The Diet Coke Man' who buys 4 2litre bottles of coke a day, and thers another who looks like a eskimo who buys alcohol free lager, and clearly doesnt know what to do with a bar of soap

What about someone who wears the same coat all the way through summer and winter.

Lad next to us (same age as me, even in the middle of summer when it was boiling hot (vest weather), would still be wearing his waterproof coat :confused:

Its slightly strange. Id go out on say a saturday afternoon in the middle of august, would be 24 degrees, i would be there wearing a t-shirt and shorts, hed come out in jeans, and his coat.

Slightly strange :rolleyes:.

I work with wierd people and lots of wierd people roam the manor. But we work and live in harmony, sort of, and everything is ok.

For the mad people we had:

Name: Mad Mary
Description: Used to wear tonnes of red cheek blush and carry two bin liners around with her all day and swear at white people calling them the devil and devil worshippers and spit at them. She was really nice to me though :)

Name: Daz Whites
Description: Some Madma madma madma man nutter who roams Kilburn, Willisden and Neasden wearing White Jeans and a White Jeans jacket. He would wear a flag around his waste and would just generally be mad. If not shouting to himself or shouting at someone who did nothing to him he would be sipping on a can of beer and asking for money yet his clothes were always so white and clean and rumour has it, he has his own place and a Job :confused:

Name: Midnight Gardener
Description: Some fat fella who would wear shorts and sandels no matter what the weather was like and through all seasons. He would walk up and down the high road with a racksack and a stick. Could oftem find him sun bathing on the green inside an estate near by. He would be out all day and roam at night.

Name: Strange guy
Description: Walks really really fast with his head do\wn, Looks angry like he is ready to kill someone 24/7 mutters to himself and if you make eye contact with him he tends to lose it. I'm taller then him so he looks back at the floor if our eye meet but I wouldn't play let me look into his eyes incase he has a weapon which makes him braver then usual.

Just had to add,
In donny there's a small Indian guy who used to walk around town centre with a copy of mike tysons autobiography evey where he went (if i remember, could of been naz) in a chicago bulls coat and coughed all the time....

This was 2001-2002 time... last year of 6th form... you could tell him to dance and he just randomly would... god knows why we asked him but that seemed to stick!

and oh yeah a guy in drag in cooplands who scared the living Sh** out of one of my mates from schooldays ... classic

Last edited:
Just had to add,

This was 2001-2002 time... last year of 6th form... you could tell him to dance and he just randomly would... god knows why we asked him but that seemed to stick!

We had a lad like that at our college and he would have a dance off with anyone

We also got man called laurence, hes odd to say the least

quite a few with work yeah.

There is Mrs Chin, she walks laps round the lake wearing a yellow hat. we keep a tally of the number of laps she does.

'Tea for One' Man. He's an odd fellow, seems to tour St Annes stopping for a tea in every cafe. Doesn't speak much.

Benchman. He walks up round town, and when he comes to a bench - he turns as if to sit on it, and then side steps past it. Comes in for cheese on toast from time to time. Cheese appears to stop him from 'benching'

Back