Do you reckon.....

Currently reading:
Do you reckon.....

AppleSei

RIP L181 VBB
..The alternator could be the problem on this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Proton-SE-for...QQihZ009QQcategoryZ108779QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I would have put this in AW but im not trying to recommend it plus i want an opinion on its fault.

It looks perfect 100 banger rally material for next year for myself, low mileage, bucket loads of MOT and no reserve.

I am also watching one a 1990 model with 143k but short MOT but is running

I know its not a good looking or the best car but theres something about them that looks kind of retro and makes them cool IMO.

Anyone much experience on these or has family that owns or has owned one in the past, if so what are they like maintenece wise and are parts cheap?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
custard said:
possibly or an errant electrical prob.
could even be as simple as a boot light staying on.
if you could view it you could check it with a multimeter before buying

yep the only thing is the distance as well, kent is a long way from here, may just let it pass by, the other is a runner at least but this will go mega cheap

well its back to the drawing board.

The non runner is completely shot according to owner as i asked a question, the mechanic who looked at it reckons the problem isnt the alternator.

The other has a 150 reserve....ive only got 100 pound to spend!

well if it were me, I would be buying a.....

vicky.jpg

i have a peugot 309 you can have cheap

im only bought it to use til my cars fixed, but your more than welcome to it after then :D i'd be gald to be shot of it tbh :p

6252985__1161693881__1__1-EDCIM101MSDCFDSC01889.__big__.JPG

well theres 4 on the roof and 1 crap one in teh boot on day 0

and everyone said that was TOO many.

yet on ONE bad day in mongolia I used ALL 4 good ones (crap one had already been used) and used the last one, which left me stranded, until we found a half used bottle of tyre seal in the back of the ford that was with us, fixed a previous slow puncture and got away with it.

BUt if you are going far, take lots of new wheels and tyres (£35 for the lot, and the 4tyres on the car are virtually new, by the time they got puncture/mashed to hell, the tyres were all nearly bald!!!!.

Back