Do women drivers hate cyclists?

Currently reading:
Do women drivers hate cyclists?

There is a campaign here atm by one of the cycling groups, to get people to open their car door with the futherest hand when getting out of a car; the theory being that the motion requires you to shift your body to reach the handle, which moves your head so you end up looking right down the side of your car in the mirror, potentially seeing that cyclist you wouldn't have if you did it the 'lazy' way. Try it next time you are parked at the side of the road and see (y)

bike ad.JPG

There is a campaign here atm by one of the cycling groups, to get people to open their car door with the futherest hand when getting out of a car; the theory being that the motion requires you to shift your body to reach the handle, which moves your head so you end up looking right down the side of your car in the mirror, potentially seeing that cyclist you wouldn't have if you did it the 'lazy' way. Try it next time you are parked at the side of the road and see (y)

It's also advised that method is also used to prevent strong winds catching the door and ripping it all the way back when in windy conditions. I was taught to always open doors like that, although I don't :eek:

Saw that on the news. Quite horrific really, no excuse for that.

The Cyclist was having a go at the driver for an earlier incident when the cyclist deems the bus driver got too close on a roundabout, though without knowing the road it's hard to judge who was in the wrong there. But if the cyclist hadn't of given in to their own roadrage then they wouldn't of put themselves at risk. If a bus gets too close, take it's number/reg and go to police/bus company. Taking matters into your own hands leads to things like this.

Importantly though, the bus driver should not of done that, no excuse no matter what was said in the exchange.

Saw that on the news. Quite horrific really, no excuse for that.

The Cyclist was having a go at the driver for an earlier incident when the cyclist deems the bus driver got too close on a roundabout, though without knowing the road it's hard to judge who was in the wrong there. But if the cyclist hadn't of given in to their own roadrage then they wouldn't of put themselves at risk. If a bus gets too close, take it's number/reg and go to police/bus company. Taking matters into your own hands leads to things like this.
Importantly though, the bus driver should not of done that, no excuse no matter what was said in the exchange.

Police wont do anything from a report of a punishment pass

many bus companies wont either (yes you First Bus)
Howeer I have to pipe uo for LRT buses in Edinburgh
their drivesrs are pretty goo in the main,and they do listen to complaints
however all buses have trackers and CCTV
so easy to check many incidents
Its easy for the red mist to drop when you have amost been taken out

Its easy for the red mist to drop when you have amost been taken out

At the end of the day though if you're not one who doesn't have a bus around you it's probably a good idea just to chill. being right is a moot point when a bus runs over you....

At the end of the day though if you're not one who doesn't have a bus around you it's probably a good idea just to chill. being right is a moot point when a bus runs over you....

how many times do you have a tantrum at the wheel?

hell I had pedestrian rage the other week at a guy parked on a crossing :eek:

how many times do you have a tantrum at the wheel?

hell I had pedestrian rage the other week at a guy parked on a crossing :eek:

I know. But a small accident in a car is a small accident. A small accident on a bike.......

A mate of mine died a few years ago on a motorbike after a really tiny tap from a car and since then it's changed my way of thinking.

The court was told the incident started on the morning of 5 April 2011 when Hill had driven too close to Mr Mead on the nearby St James Barton roundabout.

Define driven too close. Show me some footage. Lots of people drive too close to me everyday. Lots of motorcycles drive too close to me, ducking and weaving. Just part of being a motorist.

Moments later the bus stopped outside Bristol Magistrates' Court and Mr Mead propped his bike against the front of the vehicle.

At no point do any of the aforementioned cars or motorcycles that drive too close to me prop their f*cking vehicle against my car to debate how close we were. That's just idiotic and provocative behaviour.

The court was played CCTV footage which showed Mr Mead cycle off. Moments later the footage showed the bus overtaking him before sharply swerving to the left knocking the cyclist over.

Having seen the video, Mr Mead got what was coming to him. At least he won't be able to annoy anyone on the road for a few months.

Back