Do computers rule your life?

Currently reading:
Do computers rule your life?

Mrs. Dave

keeping an eye on you...
Just wondering how many hours a day do you lot go on the computer for fun? and what did you do before you had computer?

For Fun?!

Well I mix business and pleasure on a works PC, from 8am til 1pm, then from 2pm til 5pm!

Then in the evenings! It is hard to put an exact time on it, because machine is on 24/7 plus it is situated in our front family room, so it just used at will throughout the day!

Hmmm, before computers? Well, got a Spectrum in 1984 when I was 12 :chin: and pretty much been on computers ever since!!!

As for what we did before they ruled our life so much, no idea - maybe we spoke to each other? :spin:

i am on a pc all day at work then when i get home the laptop goes on to check ebay and the forum so hard to put a time on it really

The Negotiator said:
I don't think I need to answer this question ;)

Ohh go on, we would all like to know :D

Quoted by luke1985
"my computer says im not at liberty to answer that question :p"

Why can't you answer this question? is it because you are like Dave, on it from dawn till......No, on it all the time he is awake :eek: :D

Put it like this, when my alarm goes at 7:45 I lift my arm and switch my laptop on (stored on the floor).

When I go to sleep I leave it on with ricky gervais radio shows. It's the first and last thing I use every day and is used far too much during the day. I chose NOT to take it to uni (some people do) so that it has less chance to rule my life.

I work on a computer but I wouldn't say it's for entertainment! Yes I can do my job without it but the computer makes it far far easier and safer. I spend a lot of time on the home PC for pleasure in the evenings and always have my fancy phone with me with internet access :)

My PC is on 24/7 as i run a server on it, i get up, check my email, go to college, do my thing (pcs), get out, go to work at a pc repair shop, get home, go on msn, play a few games, go to bed, so yeah pretty much my life is pcs.

Well nearly all the time during the day I can't access the forum cos I'm pretending to work.

At night I'd say around two hours but recently I have found a new way of passing the time, Television! In Colour! LOL So that has taken two and a half hours tonight where I would likely be on here.

Liam

I have no TV here at uni...cba paying the licence fee.

Plus it enables me to spend more time working :).

Whenever Im not at uni working (very often), at uni on other business (dancing or dive club business), sleeping or at work, Im on it...how can I forget being in the pub! tsk!! That too... :D. Oh and when Im at home I usually have the 1242 to fettle or people to drink with :).. Id say its around the working day at desk time really, plus the evening unless otherwise engaged...

Hmm i seem to spend too much time on it, its on pretty much 24/7, i may be near it but not using it, such as using it to play music erm watch a dvd

I talk on about 5 forums so that takes up alot of time, then theres ebay which is addictive, msn messenger :(, media player

But when I dont have anything the following morning i will most likly be out drinking :D woo

I work 9-5 using a computer but sometimes hardly use it, but i have a battle with my dad to let me use it at night to go on the 5 forums and chat on msn as dad wants to go on his forums lol need two lap tops :)

I spend from about 8am until 5pm in work on a PC. In the evenings its not worth bothering with at my mums they have a 56k modem, and at my flat i only have my laptop which is old very old and only has a 28.8k modem :cry:

Back