DJ Bushboy's got some tunes for ya!

Currently reading:
DJ Bushboy's got some tunes for ya!

Got a little mini mix for you lot! Its all Electro/tech house but most of the tracks are really good remixes of older songs so theres bound to be something in there that will get you singing along :p Plus you just cant help moving to the first track! The bassline is stunning :D

Its a 38min long mix at 192kb so approx 52mb download. Wont take long on everyones super dooper broadband connections so no excuses not to have a listen :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?75j3ddv90mz

- Licky (Work It Out)
- Funk Phenomenon
- Tainted Love
- The Creeps (Get On The Dancefloor)
- With Every Heartbeat
- Another One Bites The Dust
- Harder Better Faster Stronger
- The Quake
- Love Don't Let Me Go

See if you can spot the major ****up where i turn the wrong turntable off :bang: :p Not too bad recovery though :rolleyes:

One or 2 mixes in there I really like! Esspecialy the one between Another One Bites The Dust and Harder Better Faster Stronger. A nice quick switch but works so well :D Also like the mix between The Quake and Love Don't Let Me Go.

Also bearing in mind that this is an on the fly mix, its not too bad :p I didnt plan ahead with a playlist, just hit record and picked stuff out the box.

This is all on vinyl. Been doing it since I was 16ish (now 21) but been out of practice for aaagggeeeesssss as ive had no room to set up. talking like over a year without vinyls :(

Always wanted to get into mobile DJing myself. Nearly did a at the beginning of the year and was at the stage of just buying the stuff and going for it but got offered a job and went with that instead :) Its still always on the cards though (y) Im pretty damn good at programming DMX shows on the fly too (y)

Do you need a roadie/partner? :p

Last edited:
cool all my lighting is dmx i got 2 winners 2 rovers 2 soundlab colour scans 2 knight moving heads and an atomic 3000 giga strobe and 3 lasers. i use martin light jockey for mine. I am into cd mixing personally my mate who djs with me uses vinyl. we are now using ableton which is an amazing piece of software but has taken us months to get to grips with.

I always saw vinyl mixing a little unrealible for mobile DJing. More prone to jumping etc and alot more awkward to carry about. Vinyls weigh a ton! But for club DJing you just cant beat it! Its so much more fun mixing vinyl as its all hands on and you can really get into it.

Lighting is my thing tbh. I love the DJing but prefer to be more creative with lighting :D Cant stand it when you goto a party where theres a mobile dj and they just have there DMX equipment running on the built in sound2light functions. Same with clubs :)

... Yes I am sad :p

oh yeah definoutly i agree lol im going to derby university next year to do the sound light and live event technology course which is lighting based. i will pm you my msn addy and then il show u my set up i have got just in the room lol i have 3 setups all together and has set me back thousands over the years but it is all paid for after a few gigs. if you enjoy it then you should get out there and do it. you will need public liability insurance which isnt that expensive and a ppl license then your ready. i have been doing mobile discos since i was 14 and im 23 now lol i have got a video of the first ever one i did and its so funny to watch lol

043a.jpg

the equipment isnt the expencive bit though. you can get out there doing small venues and school discos etc with fairly basic stuff!

Its the music that costs the real money! Especialy if your fully legit and dont just download what you want and run from CDRs.

Just from home DJing ive collected over 400 vinyls over the years and considering each of those were atleast £4.99 (some upto £12+) it really starts to add up :eek:

Sounds pretty sweet first 5 mins in, so burned to CD for further examination tomorrow on drive to work :)

See if you can spot the major ****up where i turn the wrong turntable off :bang: :p Not too bad recovery though :rolleyes:
No fade out on Tainted Love, me thinks you hit the wrong button there :D Lucky Creeps can be led into like that so as you say, reasonable recovery :)

I.....actually......dont mind that at all :eek:

I was gonna come along and mention something about the first bit sounding like a bee farting through a mega phone, but it grew on me :D

Shall wait to see what its like on proper speakers beofre i give two thumbs up tho :p

Haven't had chance to listen to it properly yet because i burnt it to CD for the car and it keeps skipping, i think its because i was chucking laptop around at the same time. . . will have a good listen tommorow but first impressions are good!

Back