Technical .::DIY::. Rubber seals

Currently reading:
Technical .::DIY::. Rubber seals

OH MY GOD!!!
I could murder those pancakes right now:yum::yum:
Planning a trip to the US in Feb, first stop..........Denny's:D:D

LOL

I havent done anything yet, tomorrow is the big day!!

Fingers crossed!

Surely, the next time one of us has to get a seal from Fiat is to pass it onto one of those comapnies that can reproduce them before fitting it.

I wonder if they give commision?

Well guys, I did some work yesterday but did not have much time cause my brother in law had an accident with his tigra and I had to go help him out...

I started with the rubbers that seal the tonne!*&%@#*@# (I can never remember how to say/write it) cover using only the black silicon. The result was PERFECT! even the looks was great! I ll post some pics soon.

Then, I removed the hard top to fix the soft top seals around the windows. The first attempt was good but quite messy, so i just pulled the silicon right off. The second time, I shut the door and applied the silicon over the window, made it nice and smooth, then used the razor to cut the window out and removed the top bit that was useless. It looked much better! I tried to wash the car with loats of water flow, only a drop from the front corner entered. I think I will try once more now that I am more experienced and post the final pics.
As mentioned in the beggining, if you take your time and have a good hand, it can be done nicely.

I havent put anything in the rubbers , yet, cause I sprayed some expanding foam on the ground to see how it works and oh god the thing is crazy! plus, once it dries, it shatters badly..

I ll soon make the final touches and post the pics. Only matterials used:
1)Black silicon
2)razor blade

PS: does anyone know where to get some cheap mk1 tigra parts? :)

well done (y)

cant wait for the pix.

And the expanding foam.. is only good for two things:
1. to deform door/window frames/encasements and thus block doors/windows
2. for speedcams : if you look at those speedcam housings, you'll notice a little hole about 3/4 down.... :D:D:D

...it used to be very popular in Holland a while back :D

Bloody hell!:life:

Dont blame Robot man, you thought of this first!!! LOL

PS: All I meant was if your hands are delicate you can do a good job...
:doh:

My Bad trying to bring some joy in your sad lives...

I made a pan cake out of my B and you still pay attention to .....
:D

Back