DIY Remap ...

Currently reading:
DIY Remap ...

Im thinking about getting my Fiat 500 Abarth Remapped

ive spoke with a company based in Cheshire called Mobile Ecu Remapping.

if i get it remapped is it going to break my car, or void insurance, will i have to tell them about it.

Also does any one or has any one had one done and could advise me on cost, because they want £160 for a remap is this good value ??

www.mobileecuremapping.co.uk

is the company ive contacted on google.

is the company ive contacted on google.

Ive decided to use a company in Yorkshire bit closer to me called Masperformance they do Ecu Remapping a bit closer to me

www.masperformance.co.uk

they are charging £180 and they will come to me, any one got any advice for me or bad feedback about Remapping??..

avoid doorstep mappers they are doing the same as what you can do diy.

for a 500 Abarth you will be better off with a TMC tuning box than a doorstep remap
Would you like to elaborate on that statement? although i fear at best you could only "suspect" not much else that a door step remap is inferior to a decent tuning box, but you cannot know for sure unless you know the company offering a door step remap offers a poor service...
Even a modern door step remap should be controlling and adapting more than what a tuning box can where sensors are concerned, and remember i am a fan of tuning boxes that adjust more than just fuel pressure...

Last edited:
Ok, another update.

Picked up the MAP earlier and got a friend to check it for me. The hardware and software numbers matched and the file was exactly the same size as my standard MAP, friend said he was sure it wouldn't mess up my ECU so we tried installing the MAP.

Everything went to plan, it installed perfectly. So I turned the ignition on and waited for it to do its Checks.

Error - "CHECK VEHICLE PROTECTION SYSTEM"

I guess the imobiliser data is stored in the ECU, when I flashed it I must have over written it.

I then reinstalled my original MAP just to make sure everything was ok.

Car started perfectly.

So I'm sure the cable and software did its job, but the new MAP leaves me with the immobiliser light on and a "CHECK VEHICLE PROTECTION SYSTEM" displayed in the LCD on the dash.

Could the solution be as simple as recoding the transponder in my key so the new MAP has the correct code and allows the engine to start?

Hi, the same thing happened to me. My friend has Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 16v 150CV which is remapped to some 175CV. I downloaded his map and loaded it on my Fiat Stilo 1.9 16v 150CV and same error from the immobilizer. When I returned it to original everything was ok. The cars has same engine code 937A5000.

Is there some tool to change immobilizer code in map? or does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi, the same thing happened to me. My friend has Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 16v 150CV which is remapped to some 175CV. I downloaded his map and loaded it on my Fiat Stilo 1.9 16v 150CV and same error from the immobilizer. When I returned it to original everything was ok. The cars has same engine code 937A5000.

Is there some tool to change immobilizer code in map? or does anyone know how to fix this?

Yes you need to checksum the file with your original map so it can correct the immobilizer area of the ecu with your immobilizer the rest of the file stays the same

Hi new here looking for some help.

Does anyone know if the 2008 Grande Punto 1.4 16 valve Petrol 95 BHP engine with Bosh ME 7.6.3 ECU can be chip tuned and if so any contact details?

Thanks to all.

The Stilo can be mapped through the OBDII port and I've just aquired a very good map from another forum member.

I'll let you know how things go next weekend.

How did it go? I want to try this on my panda 100hp but also want to make sure it's safe to use

So, i know this is a kinda old thread but still very informative! I'm the proud owner of a Oct/2002 Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD 115bhp and was kind of looking for a map...not too exagerated, like a 140-ish bhp map.Any kind soul that has one that would like to share, out of the sole kidness of his/her heart? Or better, anyone knows how to tinker with these Bosch EDC15C7 map values that can shed some light on a minor improvement to this "beast"? In my country, companies are quoting me €300+ for a custom remap. A huge thank you to anyone that can help me out!

P.S. - Just got a DMF and clutch replaced (250K Km, the clutch desintegrated while coming off). Standard Fiat recommended parts, i think Valeo and Luk, €750-ish just for the parts.

What a confusion. Galletto 1260 is a cable, right? What software do you need to use Galletto?
What is multiecuscan? What can be done with a licenced version of multiecuscan?
What are the minimum requirements to get an ECU read and for an ECU flash?
Are there needed checksums or other advanced stuff in the process of flashing the ECU?
Does the ECU have to be taken out from the car and put on a bench and wired manually for flashing operations?
Am I right that the 1st thing to do is to determine which model of ECU does my car have - best option to take it physically out of the car and take a look at its numbers?

Back