Dilema????

Currently reading:
Dilema????

charmed103

All this talk of people not having a good time and stuff has been perfect timing, I have a huge dilema on my hands.

From the beginning, i like my job n the people i work with but i have been given the chance to go to a different YMCA, and it's a bit far from home:(

Don't get me wrong, flying the nest is not the issue it's do I want a fresh start or do i want to stay where I am where it's safe????

My family is very important in my life n I will mis them loads, but this is about me rite now, also I have had another offer that's even bigger and invovled possibly leaving the country:eek:

Whatever i decide i have to decide soon, n I don't no wot to do, my family r not helping as they keep saying it's my decision, I also have to bear in mind tho that my health has not been great but hopefully not as bad as doctors first thought, but still not fab.

ALso there are issues that i need to resolve b4 i can do anything, but whatever i decide to do, I still have this stuff hanging over me, and I just want some peace of mind, so guys, help me out do i stay or do i go??

:idea: please(y)

Id go. A drastic change like that could (and probably will) be the best thing that will ever happen to you

arseofbox said:
Id go. A drastic change like that could (and probably will) be the best thing that will ever happen to you

but which one???

I have the opportunity to either stay in this country or go abroad????????

i like the idea of both, but as dave says at min, I am having some serious amount of tests, to find out wot is wrong wiv me????

i won't go for a month or so, mayb that b enough time to get myself sorted?

Go for it. Abroad.
Learn a language, learn lots of stuff. Even if you go for just a year or six months, family and friends should still all be ther on your return and probably any personal issues with them should be forgotten.

moogs said:
Go for it. Abroad.
Learn a language, learn lots of stuff. Even if you go for just a year or six months, family and friends should still all be ther on your return and probably any personal issues with them should be forgotten.

yeah, that sounds like a good plan to me, I'll just miss my family n m8's n stuff.

personal issues not with family, it's more to do wiv matters of the heart lol!!!
i don't want to leave with things the way they hang(n)

I only worry about leaving my family, cos my parents not well my dad got cancer n i don't like the idea of feeling like I am running out on them, even tho they say that not how it is.

oooohhhh why am i bad at making choices!!!!!:bang:

I'm certain that your family wouldn't want to be the basis for a 'stay' decision. Imagine how you'd feel if your daughter missed an opportunity because of you.

Get broadband wherever you are, get them broadband, get webcams and microphones - and use msn video conversations. It's the next best thing to being in the same room and despite a year sounding like along time, it'll fly by.
You probably won't get chance to miss them and, when you do, they'll only ever be a plane ride away.

moogs said:
I'm certain that your family wouldn't want to be the basis for a 'stay' decision. Imagine how you'd feel if your daughter missed an opportunity because of you.

Get broadband wherever you are, get them broadband, get webcams and microphones - and use msn video conversations. It's the next best thing to being in the same room and despite a year sounding like along time, it'll fly by.
You probably won't get chance to miss them and, when you do, they'll only ever be a plane ride away.

a bloomin long one fella!!!!!!!!!

oooh decisions!!!!!!

which country is the job in?#

if its a warm country, think about what that might do for you health (i lived in america for a while, and never needed my asthma medication, then came back to GB and went straight into hospital :bang: :()

Last edited:
Ask your doctors opinion on working abroad, with your medical problems, I did with mine and afterwards felt like I had all the information to make an informed decision.

Steve

steve1219 said:
Ask your doctors opinion on working abroad, with your medical problems, I did with mine and afterwards felt like I had all the information to make an informed decision.

Steve

Good plan, got nother appoitment this afternoon!!!!

i can see where your family are comin from by sayin its your decision as they wont want to influence you in any way, its your life and im sure they want you to live it and enjoy it.

at the same time your health is v.important maybe some advice from your docs on where you stand if you go abroad may help?

in the end i would say only you can decide what is best but in the mean time maybe you can resolve some of the issues while you are making the decision?

well good luck (y)

sportingsmissus said:
i can see where your family are comin from by sayin its your decision as they wont want to influence you in any way, its your life and im sure they want you to live it and enjoy it.

at the same time your health is v.important maybe some advice from your docs on where you stand if you go abroad may help?

in the end i would say only you can decide what is best but in the mean time maybe you can resolve some of the issues while you are making the decision?

well good luck (y)

thank you, if i cud resolve this one issue, trust me i wud, but i am impatient at times, so just have to give it a little more time(y)

I'd say go for it. You don't progress very quickly in life if you don't take some chances.
As for doctors, they have them in other countries too!
H

hmallett said:
I'd say go for it. You don't progress very quickly in life if you don't take some chances.
As for doctors, they have them in other countries too!
H

True, but it is according what the medical condition is and what treatment is required.

I required a lot of blood transfusions and chemotherapy where I was looking to work this could of caused me more problems then I have. if it reoccured.

Steve

and the advantage of being at home while having the treatment is that your family and friends are there to support you with whatever your going through. :)

christopher watson said:
which country is the job in?#

if its a warm country, think about what that might do for you health (i lived in america for a while, and never needed my asthma medication, then came back to GB and went straight into hospital :bang: :()

that's wot worries me, cos i mite be in the early staged of renal failiure due to my diabetes n other things, so bit scared bout that:eek:

Back