Styling Different rims on Panda

Currently reading:
Styling Different rims on Panda

Hi all

I read the pretenders members motors thread with the barchetta wheels on the panda's & that got me thinking which rims would look good on my black panda, I'm quite old school so I prefer steels over alloys anyday, my father has a 131 Mirafiori Sport which he has owned since 1995 & has having the bodywork redone, anyway I thought about a set of 131 sport wheels in gunmetal on the panda as they look similar to the old rostyle wheels of the 70's, so I suggested it to my dad, he agreed & said he has got a spare set that I can have. Here is a trail fitting with one of his rims before we go any further, which fits nicely & clears everything, just got to fit a tyre at some point to make sure it has enough clearance. They are 14 inch diameter & 5.5 inch width
20210716_171252.jpg

If anyone has fitted a different set of wheels to their own panda it would be interesting to see some pics.

Hello Matt

I'm almost certain there is an app or a online tool that you can upload a photo of your own car to, and then add different styles of wheels to see what the car would look like with them fitted

Have a look in member motors there are several on here and the app suggested below is mot difficult to find. Just be wary as there are not many wheel of the correct spec available. The 2020 spec Panda alloys are about £135 each so not unrealistic value from Fiat themselves.

£135 each is quite resonable, even from Fiat. I'm not very keen on alloy wheels especially around the roads where I live. These rims seem to fit & clear everything just need to check with a tyre fitted to make sure the tyre clears the shock absorbers & they don't scrub against the arches.

I'm generally not a fan of big wheels, I sometimes think that 14's are a bit too big for panda's. I've always found that cars with silly sized wheels tend to have a harsher ride & not handle as well, with my Mini I did a 12 to 10 inch wheel conversion which was Cooper S front brakes, drive flanges, set of Wolfrace Slotmags refurbed & Falken FK07E tyres so all together was nearly £700, about a months wages for me at the time but money well spent as the ride was better, the brakes were great & it did better what a mini was all about, Handling. My dad always told me it doesn't matter how much power you have whether it's 50hp or 300-400hp handling is everything & I learnt that exactly with the Mini as although it only had a 42hp A Series under the bonnet it used to walk all over these modern cars & intimidate them (including the boys in blue:slayer:) around the country lanes as I could throw it into a bend flat out & off the clock which went upto 95mph & carried on going round, which was all thanks to its excellent handling on the 10's which stuck to the road like glue, I've never driven any other car where you could really push your luck with it, get the back end sliding whilst flat out & still come out the other side smiling:D, the only other front wheel drive car I have come across that came very close was the original Panda with the 999cc fire engine & omega rear end as my dad's had quite a few of them over the years & he loved them because they handled like a Mini but with much better ground clearance.

Back