General differences of rear drums?

Currently reading:
General differences of rear drums?

blackmagic11

back in black!!!!!!
Hi all.

Im a bit confused,what is the difference between the rear drums on a sporting cinq and a 900i cinq.
The ones for the cinq are £80+:eek: and the ones for the 900i are like £40+:confused:
so what makes the cinq sporting ones nearly double the price,ceramic may be?nooooooo!special racing ones?????nooooooo.
the only thing i can think of is offset for alloys
:bang:which is what the spacers do?
are the fronts discs same situation?
some one please shine some light on this!

so if i go on ebay lets say and get the ones for the 900i for£41.??they should fit?
Shepshed auto spares are quoting more or less same prices as ebay just they have to order and a guy in a near by village has some already.
still what is differenceon cinqy:confused:
i can understand for abs,but double the price for cinqy ones.

so if i go on ebay lets say and get the ones for the 900i for£41.??they should fit?
Shepshed auto spares are quoting more or less same prices as ebay just they have to order and a guy in a near by village has some already.
still what is differenceon cinqy:confused:
i can understand for abs,but double the price for cinqy ones.

Why bother with evilbay. You can buy them for £14.98 ea from brakeparts.

Cheers

PD

the ones on ebay with pads and all are the cheapest:confused:
Check ebay with these item numbers: 120334677353 and 120334682637.
this was the guys reply to similar question.
'Hi it is a year an engine size thing with that car yes you can pick up from me or i will post to you it is a quantity and supply if yours is a 900cc cinquecento then these drums fit it if yours is the 1.1 cinquecento then it is drm 9147 at £82.78 the pair listed at ebay item no 120334682637'

Why bother with evilbay. You can buy them for £14.98 ea from brakeparts.

Cheers

PD

there is some great deals to be had an 'evilbay',but there is also the scammers too.Lets not forget where and who i git my first cinqy sporting from and bought me to this forum.
:cry:RIP N551 MFG:cry:

the ones on ebay with pads and all are the cheapest:confused:
Check ebay with these item numbers: 120334677353 and 120334682637.
this was the guys reply to similar question.
'Hi it is a year an engine size thing with that car yes you can pick up from me or i will post to you it is a quantity and supply if yours is a 900cc cinquecento then these drums fit it if yours is the 1.1 cinquecento then it is drm 9147 at £82.78 the pair listed at ebay item no 120334682637'

You are obviously deeply in love with this seller!

£50 to fit two brake drums, FFS. That gives an indication of his idea of charging.

Its your money, do what you want, but there are no shoes on those listings either.

Cheers

PD

Ive already got new shoes,mechanics usually charge 1hour for labour regardles plus he's mobile.Not to worry because i've done them myself!
i need for today,not next week.
Lets get back to the nitty gritty.so there no difference between 900i and sporting drums what so ever at all?agreed??:cool:

Yup same drums.

I only pointed out the fitting price because where I come from £50 an hour is a rip off, and an hour to do two drums is a rip off, so how do you know his parts prices aren't a rip off too.

Your call.

Cheers

PD

shepshed auto spares,cheapest motor factors near loughborough are quoting £44.47 each drum!:eek:i about died when he said 'thats each'.
£42.23 each from parkers in leicester.And there apec ones.nothing special
dare i ring fiat parts??????

Fiat will quote you about £40+vat each however they are the best drums/shoes you'll buy baring finding any 'fast road' items which will cost more.

54 smackers plus vat from jcs kegworth.Anyway its all gone to pot because my work hasnt payed me.Whos fluffy anyway??????:confused:

Back