Technical Difference in FIRE engines how to tell which?

Currently reading:
Technical Difference in FIRE engines how to tell which?

If your breaking the engines, could I have the head off the 55, as the Head gasket has gone on my Cinq, and it would be easier then getting my head skimmed.

If it's a 1242 block with an 8v MPI head, it should be a 75, if it's from a Mk1 Punto. Although this would mean it should have the 866 cam in. I'm 50/50 on whether the Mk1 Punto 75 had a cam sensor too, but don't hold me to that.

Maybe the Mk2 Puntos had MPI with the 4x4 cam and cam sensor? I haven't seen an engine bay from a Mk2 Punto. I think the Panda uses that setup.

Best off asking the Punto lot I think.

As far as i'm aware, Only the engines from the later puntos had cam sensor and ran with the MF59 M1/M2 ECU mounted on the throttle body and had the plastic intake manifold. This is the same setup as used on the 1100 MPI Seicento Euro3 spec, (Some Seicentos had a different ECU), so the heads off both the 1242 engines will fit on an 1100 MPI Seicento.

I think Fiat decided that one head would fit two engines 1.1/1.2. It also decided that one bottom end would be used on both the 8v and 16v 1242.

Keeps production alot simpler and cheaper??

You might have a problem fitting the 16v on the 1100 due to valve clearances to cylinder walls, but I bet it would fit with custom pistons.
MMmm? I feel a spare 1.1 Mpi engine urge comming on.

The 188 1.2 8v engines are MPI. The 188 has got the threads for the engine mount in the head rather than the block.

Thats the puppy. Theres a hole next to the filler cap over the pulley there, thought its an odd place for a knock sensor.

Yea I tried, I can make out the 000 on all of them (thats helpful). Ive tried degreaser. I got bored and had another bash with some nitromorz and the the gasket scraper.

engine number 3 looks like 18* A4.000
which looks like it could be 188, 1242 from a panda,punto 60 or a PALIO I guess its a late 60 then, and the gut lied about them being mpi.

The other one is very shallow stamped, I can make out a A ish

Back