Technical Diesel tuning

Currently reading:
Technical Diesel tuning

Leithie

http://www.dieselpowertuning.co.uk/product_info.php?page=all

Does anybody know if the above are any good.

A friend of mine has taken on a franchise to install these.

Says I can increase the torque, consumption of my diesel etc etc. Reasonable price, much much cheaper than chipping.

I've a 05 Multiwagon 1.9jtd.

Would the brakes need doing too if torque increased, a friend of mine with a 2.5 Alfa said theirs would if they were getting theirs chipped, which is why they were put off the idea. And the cost!

To me its not really clear what the item actually is.. but a remap in my opinion is the best way to go on a jtd ..I think many of the jtd owners would also agree with this :)

as far as i could understand it was like a spark plug. they put it in in place of a normal one.

I'll happily play the "girly card" here and ask what a remap is? Would I need to tell my insurance and what benefits will it bring?

A remap is the modification to the perameters within the programme contained within the ECU. I believe it alters things like spark timing/fuel induction and no doubt many other factors. On the JTD typically you can see anything from 115 up to around 160 BHP but the torque levels increase to arount 250-270 ish. Fuel consumption appears to remain close to normal in many cases.

The choice whether or not to disclose this to the insurer is yours alone. My last insurer made no adjustment to the premium. My current one did to the tune of £56 but as I saved more than that moving insurer it was worth it. I would encourage any 115 Jtd owner to get a map and see what it can really do. At this level there is no additiona requirement for upgraded brakes/clutch but to appreciate it more I suggest putting some decent springs on it.

I can't wait :yum:

Oh, what about that little off-shoot tube on the red GSR kit? I saw Gary's at Trax, and he said that was still being looked into or something.

Back