General Diesel Tipo AUTO launch date?

Currently reading:
General Diesel Tipo AUTO launch date?

Hi all,

I'm interested in the new Tipo, but according to the brochure, the 1.6 Diesel Multijet 120 hp DCT is "not available at launch" and some figures such as 0-60 times are "TBC".

Rather disappointed that sales staff at two main dealerships are pretty clueless as to their knowledge of the range, let alone the launch dates of the Diesel auto. Seems that the friendly folk on here are much more knowledgeable.

Does anyone have any inside info on when this car will be available in the UK?

The 1.6 Multijet DDCT is showing on the UK configurator in Easy Plus and Lounge trims, from £17,995. It wasn't showing originally so I presume it's either available now or will be very soon, otherwise I'd have thought they'd have shown it on there from the start.

There's also a 1.6 e-Torq petrol Auto, available only on Easy Plus trim, from £15,995. That wasn't on the configurator originally either.

Although quite expensive, I'd imagine the DDCT will be a good choice as it's the same gearbox they use in the Alfa Giulietta & MiTo TCT, and the Fiat 500X & Renegade DDCT. Much better than the old Dualogic box.

The 1.6 Multijet DDCT is showing on the UK configurator in Easy Plus and Lounge trims, from £17,995. It wasn't showing originally so I presume it's either available now or will be very soon, otherwise I'd have thought they'd have shown it on there from the start.

Thanks for the info :)

What is the "UK configurator"?

Thanks for the info :)

What is the "UK configurator"?

Here's a link to the Tipo hatchback configurator on Fiat's UK website:

http://www.fiat.co.uk/tipo-hatchback/configurator

DDCT = is that the 9 speed..??

No the 9 speed is the ZF-made gearbox which they use in the Jeep Cherokee, the 2.0 Multijet & 1.4 MultiAir 170 Renegade & the equivilent engined Fiat 500X's.

The DDCT will usually be labelled in the spec as DDCT/DCT or (on Alfa's) TCT. It's a twin-clutch transmission like the VW Group DSG box, whereas the 9 speed auto is a more traditional auto gearbox. Both meant to be good though.

Here's a link to the Tipo hatchback configurator on Fiat's UK website:
Thanks :) It turns out that's the same tool I've been playing about with already.

One thing I've noticed about that tool: it doesn't seem to accurately match the options advertised in the brochure. The brochure states that the lounge edition can be fitted with leather seats as an option (code 404 for seats only, Comfort Plus pack 8ZY for heated front and techno leather seats), yet I can't find any mention of leather on the configurator.

In the event of a discrepancy like this, how does the dealer proceed?

Back