Did you know.....

Currently reading:
Did you know.....

ok
will it incrase my insurence for the chip cutter design?

i got a black thing with a pipe leading to it which looks like it could be used for air there as well

Yea thats the air filter, as for guessing the RPM, will be hard. 5000rpm is high considering my Panda's fitter with a limiter which cuts in at 6000rpm.

Did you know at 95mph the windscreen will not break if a bird happens to hit it ;)

Tested about 27mins ago

I suppose the curvature of the glass would be a factor too. I hit a pigeon on the motorway at about 125ish a few months ago and the window was perfect. the bang squirted a bit of birn sh*t out of him but that was about all that happened.,lol

My gosh. Forgot about this post and its been very much debated. Hit the bottom centre of the windscreen (could possibly have split open on the windscreen wiper lol), which made it then explode.....covering the whole windscreen in blood and guts. Was a very large bird like. Was on the phone to my g/f at the time and she thought i had crashed when the bird hit lol

And for one of the important variables, it was on the other side of the road, took off... right into my path. So about 2mph

I suppose the curvature of the glass would be a factor too. I hit a pigeon on the motorway at about 125ish a few months ago and the window was perfect. the bang squirted a bit of birn sh*t out of him but that was about all that happened.,lol

My god you were lucky.....was messy. Would have thought any faster and it would have gone through my windscreen and out the back window lol

yeah your window wont be in a vertical position so has the same effect as the energy will be deflected upwards.,
some underestimate the strength of wind screens really., My brother whet through the central reservation on the motorway and through a wire fence in the middle that was supported by wodden stakes. the stake hit the window and made a hole but it couldnt get all the way through even at the speed he was traveling. the window was f*ked but it saved him from getting speared.,

My god you were lucky.....was messy. Would have thought any faster and it would have gone through my windscreen and out the back window lol

nah it wasnt anything serious really, it happened really fast and he didnt even leave a mark.,lol, I hit one once at about 50 and it scratched my bumper.,lol

Last edited:
I've also hit two pigions at the same time. I drove at them on a country road, and they flew up and bounced off of the windscreen, Vermin Pigions. lol. The only thing I stop for are hedgehogs, might slow down for other animals if its going to help, but normally not. I'd hate to hit something big like a deer!

I was going off on a fishing trip once with a few mates and we came very close to hitting a dear., just mananged to stop in time,.lol
I know a guy that lives near me and he hit a bull in a merc sprinter van, he said it stopped the van dead and after a few mins the bull walked away.,lol

Back