Technical Diagnostic Sockets on 1301 Turbo

Currently reading:
Technical Diagnostic Sockets on 1301 Turbo

Not sure what you mean by diagnostic sockets,but you can check the ecu main plug sockets.
You need the red haynes uno manual which tells you what each pin on the ecu's sockets is and where it go's, so then you can check continuity between ecu socket and the various engine sensers,ignition lives,earths ect.

Last edited:
Roger means the three-pin sockets that are roughly oval-shaped (round ends) and fitted with caps.

I recently bought a cable from Hong Kong that adapts the three-pin connector to an OBD2 (16-pin) socket, for use with a commonly-available KKL cable (OBD2 to USB). Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320512834247&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1123
The adapter is stupidly cheap and an OBD2 cable is not much more. I think if you obtain Alfadiag or possibly 'FIATECUScan' (both software written by private individuals), you may be able to connect to the Bosch LH-Jetronic injection and Marelli Microplex ignition ECUs, though you need to see if the software actually supports those ECUs. I haven't tried yet.

Unlike for a modern EMS with drive-by-wire throttle, etc., I can't see there being many possible calibrations and operations by connecting to the Uno Turbo's ECUs. Probably the most useful would be to check the coolant temperature and air temperature sensor readings, and the airflow meter reading smoothness. On cars with catalytic convertors, it would be useful to view the oxygen sensor output to confirm its switching.

There will be nothing that you can change in the ECU, so don't even think about doing a remap :)

-Alex

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I have hooked up my Mk2 and there was very little or no data out of the fuel ecu that's of any use anyway. It just runs a very basic diagnostic check from memory. The ignition system has a cheack system and some live data, rpm, MAP etc.

Roger means the three-pin sockets that are roughly oval-shaped (round ends) and fitted with caps.

I recently bought a cable from Hong Kong that adapts the three-pin connector to an OBD2 (16-pin) socket, for use with a commonly-available KKL cable (OBD2 to USB). Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320512834247&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1123
The adapter is stupidly cheap and an OBD2 cable is not much more. I think if you obtain Alfadiag or possibly 'FIATECUScan' (both software written by private individuals), you may be able to connect to the Bosch LH-Jetronic injection and Marelli Microplex ignition ECUs, though you need to see if the software actually supports those ECUs. I haven't tried yet.

Unlike for a modern EMS with drive-by-wire throttle, etc., I can't see there being many possible calibrations and operations by connecting to the Uno Turbo's ECUs. Probably the most useful would be to check the coolant temperature and air temperature sensor readings, and the airflow meter reading smoothness. On cars with catalytic convertors, it would be useful to view the oxygen sensor output to confirm its switching.

There will be nothing that you can change in the ECU, so don't even think about doing a remap :)

-Alex
I know this is from years ago, but did the adapter work?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back