diabetis - symptoms

Currently reading:
diabetis - symptoms

Re: diabetics - symptoms

It'd be worth checking it out IMO if you have any concerns. Better to be safe than sorry :)

I think the thirst and needing to go to the bog more often is the biggest 'symptom' of diabetes.

lloyds pharmacy do the tests right? may go tomorrow.

i know when i was younger and didnt have breakfast or eat my lunch at school id faint :eek: when to hospital with a incredibly low blood sugar.....that couldnt be it could it?

really hope i no diabetic, dont like needles :eek:

charlie

I have just done a first aid course and some of your symptoms were mentioned, excessive thirst and urination, flushed face etc

if your feeling faint i think u should see a doctor might be nothing but peace of mind is best :)

charlieboy said:
what are they?

im always thirsty and go pee like 3 times a hour :eek:, feel dizzy if not had enuf sugar....

....what else should i look for?

charlie

If I was you I would go and get checked out ASAP I ignored similar symtoms, stupid really, feel alot better now:eek: with everything under control.

Steve

steve1219 said:
If I was you I would go and get checked out ASAP I ignored similar symtoms, stupid really, feel alot better now:eek: with everything under control.

Steve

So you are diabetic then steve ? and charlie like everyone said GET TO THE DOCS OR GET A BLOOD TEST PRONTO DUDE :(

PNL said:
So you are diabetic then steve ? and charlie like everyone said GET TO THE DOCS OR GET A BLOOD TEST PRONTO DUDE :(

Yep along with quite a few other bits and pieces:( teach me for taking the P of everyone in my younger days for never being in hospital etc:D

Steve

will go the docs (y)

last time i fainted i was 15...19 now, and found mars bars to be good if i feel im gonna faint.

but will go docs tomorrow after work. will a blood test be affected by sleep? as i work nights...

charlie

steve1219 said:
Yep along with quite a few other bits and pieces:( teach me for taking the P of everyone in my younger days for never being in hospital etc:D

Steve

What other bits and pieces ? thought I was falling to bits my god makes me feel a picture of health :(

How old are you, Charlie?

feeling lathargic, extreme thirst, excessive trips to the loo, blurred vision, sweet smelling breath, passing out at all(usually a good enough reason to see a Dr alone really!lol) and feeling generally **** are all symptoms. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE ALL THESE BEFORE YOU START WORRYING!!! Even if you are suffering one of these, go see a Doctor.

Site ideas: A diabetic forum?? :p

charlieboy said:
will go the docs (y)

last time i fainted i was 15...19 now, and found mars bars to be good if i feel im gonna faint.

but will go docs tomorrow after work. will a blood test be affected by sleep? as i work nights...

charlie

u work nites??are u a vampire or something:rolleyes:

your sugars if you are diabetic will be high all the time until you are given treatment, yes the doctor will normally ask u to have a fasting blood test to see what the numbers read b4 eat anything as blood sugars naturally rise when you have eaten.

just ask one of the docs from where u come from, errm kingsway isn't it:eek:

but I do hope that ur sorted one way or the other:devil:

Last edited:
Sleep affects blood sugar levels. To be completely honest, there isn't much that DOESN'T affect blood glucose levels :p

surfin_fella said:
Sleep affects blood sugar levels. To be completely honest, there isn't much that DOESN'T affect blood glucose levels :p

yep i no all sorts of things affect the bloody stuff:eek:

Last edited:
Ah I see, wanted to make sure it's clear to someone unsure as to whether they are diabetic or not :)

surfin_fella said:
Ah I see, wanted to make sure it's clear to someone unsure as to whether they are diabetic or not :)

yeah I no fella, it is important that anybody who thinks they are get it checked out as soon as possible because the longer its left untreated the more chance u have of secondary problems later on:bang:

so all jokes aside if you seriously think that you mite be you need to get it checked.

blood test will tell you, but there are conditions before the test (a few days I think) that you have to stick to.

Just try and eat as regular as possible and on time, and don't snack between (much), I usually feel off/faint and jittery if I miss a meal.

Your symptoms sound similar to mine, other symptoms could be weight loss, night cramps, blurred vision, numbness.

From the sound of it im gonna hazard a guess that you have it.

If you are going to lloyds chemist for the test they advise not to eat three hrs prior to going and to drink water only

Back