diabetis - symptoms

Currently reading:
diabetis - symptoms

christopher watson said:
The worse thing about diabetes is the pin in the end of your finger to get the blood (i had this done twice a day for the 3 weeks i was in hospital :()

You big wuss!! the needles barely a cm if that!

im 19. well i went to lloyds pharmcy and result was 4.2 which was ok she said.... but blood pressure went up, could see straight down her top and she has a good rack :p

next step is a oppointment at the doctors, see what he says :eek:

put my mind at rest now though.

charlie

charlieboy said:
im 19. well i went to lloyds pharmcy and result was 4.2 which was ok she said.... but blood pressure went up, could see straight down her top and she has a good rack :p

Yer the average should be between 4 and 7, i was 30.5 :eek:

Perhaps you have a virus or just need some tablets for your blood pressure, the doctor will advise you further :)

blood pressures her fault :p

as for the dizzyness and fainting malarkey thats been happening since i was about 13. last time i banged me head on the way down and woke up in hospital with 1. something blood sugar lol .... couple of good old mars bars sorted that out.

really weird though :confused: wanna know what it is.

AppleSei said:
I was 12.8 this morning..beat that ;)

If i cant beat you with scores, what about 3 weeks in hospital due to low blood pressure, low oxygen in blood levels, bad asthma, dermographism, and getting a hospital bug, and to top it all of - being in intensive care. Beat that :D

christopher watson said:
If i cant beat you with scores, what about 3 weeks in hospital due to low blood pressure, low oxygen in blood levels, bad asthma, dermographism, and getting a hospital bug, and to top it all of - being in intensive care. Beat that :D

I dont want to try and beat that

Peeing lots might just be a urinary infection. Try drinking some Barley Water to flush your system.

Dizziness, needing Mars Bars etc sounds familiar - have you been tested for pernicious anaemia?

Originally Posted by christopher watson
The worse thing about diabetes is the pin in the end of your finger to get the blood (i had this done twice a day for the 3 weeks i was in hospital )

That pricking of your finger malarkey does blooming hurt, more than an injection. It's nasty!!!

Last edited:
charlieboy said:
ive been p*ssing live a seive for months, and the level of thirst has been the same

hmm you would have increased thirst also if you have potentially developed diabetes. Perhaps you have a water infection?

:idea: To be honest, whoever reads these threads or doesnt ought to get themselves checked out. It doesnt cost nothing to be checked and its peace of mind at the end of the day. Its estimated there are more people with diabetes in this country than those who have been diagnosed.:eek:
Just get y,self checked, better safe than sorry!Also looks like we need to go on a recruiting campaign as its beggining to sound like current mmbrs are dropping like flies!!.:chin:
P.S. applesei, nah, cant beat that today only 11.6 but ill try and work on it!!.:worship: :worship:

At xmas went to see an out of hours doctor as had been throwing up for a whole day, really tired and really bad cold symptons- then messed with asthma and couldnt breathe. (turned out to be a virus which later foound its way through my family and mrs :) )

Because I am overweight he gave me a lecture about diabetis, and that he should do a test. I was quite offended with his attitude and what he had said so refused on the grounds that I dont display any symptoms of it at all and I feel ok. Propbably was a bit hasty but I am not displaying any symptoms of it at all, and still am not.

Besides he was a fat get an all so I asked if he has been tested and he said no.

Water infection shouldn't last three months, but could in theory if not treated. Helz could probably offer more help - Perhaps you could PM her.

If you drink loads tho, expect to pee loads.

Get checked out with your Doc, could be a multitude of things.

The dizzy, sweet thing tho is the same as I was until I was diagnosed with pernicious anaemia - have to have monthly injections now.

Let us know how you get on.

Back