Styling Devil backbox

Currently reading:
Styling Devil backbox

chrisunoman

Prominent member
http://www.automotif.co.uk/specialscar.htm

Just thought id post this, might be what someones after, theyre selling Devil backboxes at half price

Yes, I've seen this but when I've emailed them, now three times they never respond. I've also seen them advertise the same boxes on ebay for £75 buy it now plus £15 postage. I was going to buy one but my mate says that the Devil boxes are really noisy, anyone else have an opinion on that?

With devil exhausts you get a really deep exhaust note, not a noisy, rowdy note like a Scorpion or Sebring exhaust. Oh, and devil exhausts are great for getting more power too

You won't get any more power just from changing the backbox, if anything you lose some because of the change in bore from the standard sections.

Look nice though:D

Stilo TURBO!!!!(diesel)

Just got an email from them, I'll paste it below, so if anyone wants one, be quick!

As we no longer sell car exhausts (we are the distributor for DEVIL bike
products) we only have one Stilo rear box available @
£125 delivered.

Regards, Carol Hall

Seeing as your gonna be buying an exhaust made for a stilo, and not a universal one, the bore will be the correct bore for the car, you will probably decrease back pressure, and combined with an induction kit Devil exhausts have showed the biggest increase in bhp.

Hmmm, just changing the backbox won't make any difference, because as the rest of the exhaust is still the same, no more air can flow, with any fluid, the flow rate is controlled by the narrowest point, unless the flow is supersonic and the fluid becomes compressible.

Stilo TURBO!!!!(diesel)

whoooooooooooooosh
that was the sound that last post made as it flew over my head.

metalboot.jpg

Dog, what James is saying, is that when the back pressure in the back box is correct, the combustion process is more effficient, it's more combustible and compressible, this forces the fuel to become anti-matter which is transferred and forced through the multipoint fuel injection system and down the exhaust system, therefore giving you an instant boost in perfomance and a supersonic capability, which will in turn give you a BHP increase of about 22,000lb of thrust which is all released through that big fat hole in your new tail pipe.

I hope this clarifies things for you?

I take it this is what you meant James? Now.................warp factor eight Captain James! :D

Something like that:I

Basically, I was trying to say the system as a whole remains just as restrictive unless the whole lot is increased to a bigger bore.

Stilo TURBO!!!!(diesel)

Prices for back boxes for a 1.6 Stilo from PTI Motorsport!

Style 1: £260.43 + VAT

Style 2: £260.43 + VAT

Manifold £330.51 + VAT

Centre Exhaust £229.12 + VAT

Please let me know if any of these are of interest to you or if you want a jap style universal exhaust.

Regards
Metin
PTI Motorsport Ltd.

TC.
[:0]

Well he seems to think so, but I'm with you James, any prices that PTI Motorport have issued to date on this forum have been extortionate in my opinion, there are far more competitive places out there!

I'd put my life on them getting very little if any business from here! [xx(][xx(][xx(]

did they say what sort of noise increase there would be?
and what is the size of the oval?

stilo 1.6 dynamic , 16" alloys , 5 disc cd changer and a vanilla foot!

the good thing with powerflow is that as well as tuning the exhaust note you can also pick your own trim shape size and if you want 2 of them on the one silencer or even dual silencers with dual trims if you have enough cash ..

Black Stilo 3Dr 1.2 Active .Bog standard except for CD player and Fiat Alloys

Back