Detailed description of parameters in Multiecuscan MES

Currently reading:
Detailed description of parameters in Multiecuscan MES

There is an help window on RHS .sometimes this is empty or less than helpful.
The names of the parameters are not always obvious what they mean.
IS there an additional file some where that gives more explicit descriptions? (either within Multiecuscan or elsewhere.)
Specificaly i am looklng at Throttle
I have looked at the translation Language files English.txt and English.dat and in the .dat found over 20 for with none being the precise name in my parameter list (Ducato X290)
Throttle position
Throttle position (target)
Throttle valve opening
do these refer to the throttle body or the throttle pedal (accelerator).
There is an extremly good example of Detailed description of parameters in a post for creating a translation file, i just need to translate Fiat into Inglish.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Throttle position
Throttle position (target)
Throttle valve opening
Throttle position is the position of the throttle pedal
Throttle position target is the value that the throttle on the engine is aiming for

Throttle valve opening may be the additional throttle valve that modern diesels have on the intake manifold. (this I am not 100% on)

As this is a ducato I am assuming it is a diesel in which case it does not have a throttle body like a petrol engine. diesel engine speed is dictated by how much fuel is injected not how much air is let in.

As this is a ducato I am assuming it is a diesel in which case it does not have a throttle body like a petrol engine. diesel engine speed is dictated by how much fuel is injected not how much air is let in.
It is a diesel, but Ducato have had throttle bodies for a number of years now and a good source of problems.
I believe it is mostly used to control shutdown. It is connected to the egr valve or hpegr valve an thus prone to clogging up. (Some VW engines have a 50000 mile cleaning advisory) the position of the electrics make it prone to corrossion on earlier models. Lots of info on here with a little search
Ps thanks for the post

Back