Dented Car

Currently reading:
Dented Car

Right, I'm not a big lad, im not fat.

However, today I was taking with my brother after a long drive and I leaned on my drivers wing and suddenly without any force it dented inwards.

I managed to pop it back out and there are more little dents now, im so confused how this happened.

The passenger wing, its solid, but the drivers side is so flimsey!

I phoned the car garage up and demanded an explanation to why this was like this, but he said its never been in a crash as its an ex demo car and full service history.

I dont want to spend a fortune getting it fixed, so what can i do? Prices etc.

Right, I'm not a big lad, im not fat.

However, today I was taking with my brother after a long drive and I leaned on my drivers wing and suddenly without any force it dented inwards.

I managed to pop it back out and there are more little dents now, im so confused how this happened.

The passenger wing, its solid, but the drivers side is so flimsey!

I phoned the car garage up and demanded an explanation to why this was like this, but he said its never been in a crash as its an ex demo car and full service history.

I dont want to spend a fortune getting it fixed, so what can i do? Prices etc.

Sounds dodgy to me :(

does sound strange :confused:

first things i'd be checking now are the panel gaps and wing fixing bolts (open the bonnet and look along the top edge of the wing) check for any imperfections problem is its not only the dealerships who repair cars it could have happened pre delivery and was repaired at the storage/ haulage compound we used to have a big muti brand distribution centre just up the road which had its own body shop where cars had be damaged in transit would be made good prior to reaching the dealer network........

problem is you have bought an ex demo car and i take it you had a look at it before you did the deal i can't see you getting anywhere tbh.....

you want a smart repairer or PDR (paintless dent removal) just beware there are some very good ones and very poor ones go on local recommendations if you can.

I'll stick this in the Bodyshop section where you should get more replies (y)

Last edited:
I had a look around the car, can't see anything to suggest its been damaged. My old Punto was clear that it had been damaged.

I live in Southampton and I know a few places I can take it. I'm just a bit shocked to be honest.

Back