General Dented already

Currently reading:
General Dented already

ProtoFJ

It didn't take long (just 2 weeks) till i got my first dent :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

spotted it last night so must have been over the last couople of days but it is pretty obvious where it came from. passenger side rear quarter, small dent and scrape of black plastic/rubber - someone has swiped me whilst parking next to it :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

only a small dent and only noticeable because I know it's there (the mark came off with some T Cut) but it is still bloody annoying

don't these people have any consideration / know how to drive :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I always park at the other end of any parking lot I park in where it's quiet, and try to take up two parkings if possible, or park in some sort of parallel parking so nobody can park next to me, because there's always some inconsiderate @&%# who either bashes their doors into yours themself or doesn't watch as their kids throw their doors open to climb out. :mad:

But then as luck would have it, some tw@t parked next to me at the petrol station while I was filling up and smashed his door into my rear quarter. :bang:

Just have a look at the edges of most people's car doors and you can see all the paint chipped away and you know they always open their doors against walls, cars, whatever is next to them.

Someone once used another car of mine to park their metal shopping trolley against! No wonder I'm such good mates with my panelbeater, I can't stand dented doors.

Ok, I feel better now that I've got that off my chest :D

radicool said:
I always park at the other end of any parking lot I park in where it's quiet, and try to take up two parkings if possible, or park in some sort of parallel parking so nobody can park next to me, because there's always some inconsiderate @&%# who either bashes their doors into yours themself or doesn't watch as their kids throw their doors open to climb out. :mad:

But then as luck would have it, some tw@t parked next to me at the petrol station while I was filling up and smashed his door into my rear quarter. :bang:

Just have a look at the edges of most people's car doors and you can see all the paint chipped away and you know they always open their doors against walls, cars, whatever is next to them.

Someone once used another car of mine to park their metal shopping trolley against! No wonder I'm such good mates with my panelbeater, I can't stand dented doors.

Ok, I feel better now that I've got that off my chest :D
Me too, theres no way that i ever leave my car next to anyone else or where anyone can park next to me.
I've had too many bad experiences with my other cars and don't intend to let it happen again.

I have noticed the doors have tedancy to suddenly swing quite wide, had a close call with the front of my house the other day :eek:

ProtoFJ said:
I have noticed the doors have tedancy to suddenly swing quite wide, had a close call with the front of my house the other day :eek:
One of the catches may need replacing on your door... get it checked out because my drivers side needs a new one. Can't remember what they are called, but it's one of those things that let the door open in stages.

mine opens in stages but the 'catch' at the first stage isn't very strong and when it goes past that it can swing out quite quickly - have to be careful in car parks myself!

KoArAnG said:
One of the catches may need replacing on your door... get it checked out because my drivers side needs a new one. Can't remember what they are called, but it's one of those things that let the door open in stages.

Hello mate! do you mean the check strap?

KoArAnG said:

No stranger to that - I had this metal 'strap' replaced on my previous 3dr Abarth - wind caught the door and the door flew open, shearing the metal.

Yeah my doors also swing alot it the second "openning stage", i've only had my Stilo for a few months and i've allready had the metal thingie replaced once (my mom swang the passenger door open on a slope while the car was facing downwards..... i would have killed her!!!!!!!!!! PS: she said it wasn't her fauld but taht the door was crap.... i wanted to torture and the kill her after that!!!)

Back