Deep scratches..

Currently reading:
Deep scratches..

:bang:Somebody did two very deep scratches on my bonnet a while ago..I have a broom yellow Mk2 sporting and I'm sick of em!!Didn't do anything untill now-except for asking my incapable dealer-cause I really didn't have any money to pay for it.Do you know of any good ways to get rid of them??If you want to I can take some pics.Sorry if it's been discussed before.Thanks

:bang:Somebody did two very deep scratches on my bonnet a while ago..I have a broom yellow Mk2 sporting and I'm sick of em!!Didn't do anything untill now-except for asking my incapable dealer-cause I really didn't have any money to pay for it.Do you know of any good ways to get rid of them??If you want to I can take some pics.Sorry if it's been discussed before.Thanks

it does really depend on how deep is deep...

can you catch your finger nail in them?

what i would be tempted to do if they are really deep is get some touch up paint from your beloved dealer and do them yourself

you will need some alcohol paint cleaner, rubbing compound, unigrit wet and dry sand paper some finishing polish and automotive masking tape and a nice warm day (seeing your in Greece that shouldn't be a problem)

first clean the paint and area with the alcohol.

next paint in the scratches using the touch up paint ((use some fine artist brushes and masking tape))

build the paint layers up slowly so they are just above the original paint

now with plenty of water wet sand it back so its flush with the original paint

then use a rubbing compound to remove the wet sanding marks ((try only to wet sand the paint you applied))

then remove the rubbing compound marks with your finishing polish

Last edited:
Back