Declaring SORN

Currently reading:
Declaring SORN

steveyensen

Top beagle and Panda mod
As many of you know, my Panda is off the road at the moment.

As the Road Tax ran out last November, I am supposed to complete a Statutory Off-Road Declaration (SORN).

How much hassle is there likely to be in re-taxing the car after I finally get off my backside and get the car fixed and MOT'd?

If I declare SORN by sending the form to my local licencing office then I won't have a form to use for re-taxing it.

Anyone had any experience of this? Is it better to just leave it for the time being? The car is not on a public road but on a neighbour's drive in full view of the public and my local constabulary ...

Steve
(I'm also on [email protected])

panda3.jpg

1989 Fiat Panda 1000CL "Rustwagen"
Electronic Distributor
Metamec copper brake pipes
Currently immobile with a knackered gearbox
Replacement 5-speed 'box and new QH clutch in garage ready to fit
and is likely to remain there for some time yet due to my EXTREME
LAZINESS (and it's wet out there - okay, so I'm a wimp) ...

Steve,
I've never had a car off the road long enough to declare SORN, but I think that if you need to re-tax it, all you need to do is go in to the post office and pick up a vehicle tax disc application form. I have had to use these before, usually when I've bought a car and need to tax it before the documents have come back from the DVLA.

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
http://mysite.freeserve.com/close_to_cracking_up/

My mate got nicked for not declaring SORN ( he ended up with a £100 fine) so don't leave it too long.

The law has just changed on re-taxing a vehicle with no reminder note. You need to take the vehicle registration document with you along with insurance, MOT and dosh.
In the past you never needed the registration document but had to apply for one at the time of re-taxing and usually ended up with more than one registration document.

Steve Anderson
Punto 1.7D

Actually, another change in the law means that you also need the registration document when you wish to buy replacement number plates!

Thanks to both Steve and Pete.

Cheers,
Steve (the old man who turned 50 yesterday)

OK.. who the hell is 'doggie stylee man' and why [}:)]

Steve Anderson
Punto 1.7D

Erm, doggie stylee man here.

Baby, will you tell him, or shall I?

Okay, first of all, remember it's Babysei that coined the phrase "doggie stylee man" - this is a "product of a disordered mind and therefore can be construed to have no other significance" ;)

Basically two of the loves of my life are a pair of gorgeous beagles, Charlie and Bertie. See http://beagles.yensen.co.uk for further information!

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by steveyensen
Erm, doggie stylee man here.

Baby, will you tell him, or shall I?

Okay, first of all, remember it's Babysei that coined the phrase "doggie stylee man" - this is a "product of a disordered mind and therefore can be construed to have no other significance" ;)

Basically two of the loves of my life are a pair of gorgeous beagles, Charlie and Bertie. See http://beagles.yensen.co.uk for further information!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Enough!! No more.... i have a feeling this theme could get us all arrested :p

Steve Anderson
Punto 1.7D

Back