Decent speakers for the front and rear - mk1 punto

Currently reading:
Decent speakers for the front and rear - mk1 punto

Nikki

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what sort of speakers will fit a S Reg MK1 Punto in the front and rear?

Also, can anyone suggest any decent quality speakers for each? Im not wanting a lot of bass just something with a good sound quality.

Thanks
Nikki

p.s - nothing too pricey either (y)

It depends how much effort you want to put in.
If you get some GT doorcards which have speaker pods then you have a lot more choice.
Do you want to amp them up or not because if you dnt then a majority of speakers would be fine as the Head unit will distort the sound before the speakers.
Do the punto's have speakers in the back panels or are you thinking of putting in the parcel shelf

It depends how much effort you want to put in.
If you get some GT doorcards which have speaker pods then you have a lot more choice.
Do you want to amp them up or not because if you dnt then a majority of speakers would be fine as the Head unit will distort the sound before the speakers.
Do the punto's have speakers in the back panels or are you thinking of putting in the parcel shelf

I just want normal speakers - nothing fancy. I dont want to amp them up - just some good quality decent speaks. I assum the punto does have rear speakers because on my headunit i can push the sound through the rear speakers by themselves and the music still plays so i just guessed there were rear ones?

I dont want to add anything or start cutting away bits just wanna put some speakers in.

I just want normal speakers - nothing fancy. I dont want to amp them up - just some good quality decent speaks. I assum the punto does have rear speakers because on my headunit i can push the sound through the rear speakers by themselves and the music still plays so i just guessed there were rear ones?

I dont want to add anything or start cutting away bits just wanna put some speakers in.

:ROFLMAO: It generally doesnt work like that there are only a set of 4" in the front and possibly the same in the back you will never get a really noticable difference unless you fit larger ones 1 way or another.

But surely if you buy a better quality of speaker they will produce a better sound - they dont have to be bigger just better produced?

Last edited:
But surely if you buy a better quality of speaker they will produce a better sound - they dont have to be bigger just better produced?

Yes but if you are looking for a noticable improvement an 8cm speaker just cannot play the tones that you want. The trebble will be slightly better but i dont think that you will notice too mach difference in Mid and bass reproduction.

Yes but if you are looking for a noticable improvement an 8cm speaker just cannot play the tones that you want. The trebble will be slightly better but i dont think that you will notice too mach difference in Mid and bass reproduction.

Fair point - i have checked and I do have rear speakers. They are tiny!!! :D

The MK1 punto is a bitch as fiat were stingy and made you buy an expensive model to have speakers in the doors.

Usually I'd hate the idea of 6x9's but thats probably going to be the most effective way of getting louder music.

oo dont get us started on 6x9's :p

you would need to reinforce your parcel shelf before installing to really hear the difference. plus theyre usually rated like 250w rms while the head units only produce about 12-17w rms so they should be ideally amped

Back