Decent 6" Componants

Currently reading:
Decent 6" Componants

As above after a good set of these what do people recomend?

I was looking at the JL Audio XR(I think) range...

Any over suggestions?

I want quality not quantity btw ;)

They guy I was chatting to went to a JL launch party and seemed to know his stuff...

Just a shame you can't seem to get JL dirt cheap of the net like most other brands...

jamie86 said:
Just a shame you can't seem to get JL dirt cheap of the net like most other brands...

Tell me about it, I'm aching to get my hands on a 1000/1 and 300/2, but it looks like I'm going to have to save up a bit. Can get the Phoenix Gold "equivalent" for much less but I can't get on with the looks of the new Xenon stuff - the Titanium line though.... :worship:

Was literally just on the page.lol

I'm gonna go into my local ICE shop see what they can offer me..

Quite often they will price match it as you have to be an authorised seller to be able to stock JL

Ok update spoke to local JL retailer and apparently anyone selling JL on ebay is doing so illegally!

And all warranties you may expect will be void.. so i'd say not worth the risk!

Although I would say they are very dodgy at that price as the people i spoke to said that is far below their cost price and the buy from the ONLY importer in the UK....

I think they get their stuff from America ("Grey Import") and the warranty thing is a risk you have to take.

I got the Dynamat Extreme bulk pack of ultimacaraudio on eBay, ordered Thursday, arrived Friday, stuck in Saturday. With shipping it was £125, retail is £200, cheapest I've seen anywhere else is £135. Very happy overall.

Hmm is very tempting at that price or even the VR's :)

Decisions...

Not actually heard the Xr's though tbh just going on the VR's you had any experience with them?

Last edited:
No, but I they are also supposed to be very good.

It's your decision at the end of the day, but I would think (after Dynamat, LOL) that there's not a lot that can go wrong with speakers and unless they were DOA, you'd be OK.

If the speakers I have right now didn't come up on eBay when they did, I was going to get the 5.25 XR comps from them, but they didn't have any at the time. I wish they did, as I was originally going to go for a simple JL install, then one thing lead to another....

None of it's installed (except the Dynamat!):

Alpine CDA-7944R (the copper chassis one :worship: )
Diamond Audio Hex 5.25" comps
2 x Diamond Audio MD10.4 (Macdaddys) subs

Just need the amps now, a case of trying to find the right ones at the right time. Will end up with DLS, JL or PG I reckon.

On with a FG door enclosure now, taking me a while but getting there. I've just resin'd the FG door mould to the door bins, they're in the car park now curing, I'll try get a pic. Only Dynamatted the boot / rear 1/4, will be doing the floor, roof doors and boot lid when £££ allows.

Back