Styling Debadged grille wont fit....

Currently reading:
Styling Debadged grille wont fit....

if you were to buy a replacement windscreen, and Gavin from Autoglass turned up, put it in, and there was an inch gap along the top. Would you not be a bit pissed off with him if he said 'Oh that doesn't matter, just get it to fit. Put some more rubber round it or something'

Haha quote of the day right there. I lol'd. :D

I have a mk2b and the identical €18 grille fitted fine on my car.
There is a difference in the various mk2b models. The change came around May/June 2005. For example, mine is a June 2005 model and even though it's still a 8v 1.2L, the engine parts are completely different to the ones manufactured up to May 2005 (the timing belt kit for mine costs almost 3 times the normal kit - €117 against €46). Probably the catch behind the grille is just another difference.

FK either didn't know about the change or didn't take it into account. Either way, they need to resolve.

As an aside, to fit the grille, I used the plastic clips and also the 8 screws from the original grille.

You see, on mine, the bolts were attached to the grille, and drilled into the plastic, so I couldn't get them out.

Anyway, faff aside, I will ring them tomorrow and let them know.

I got it to fit, see my thread in members motors (link in sig), but, it was still needing a bit of a bent on a sort of slight lump above the bonnet catch!! I was fed up so got a box of screws and screwed it down anyway!

Back