Styling Debadge front

Currently reading:
Styling Debadge front

Robot

Established member
I'm having my dent fixed next week or so, and in the process having the front and bonnet resprayed. Seeing that the badge is somewhat faded I was thinking of having it removed. So, is it just hammer :slayer:, heatgun and clean, or are there holes underneath it like on the back?

You cant beat a good hammerin:D :D
Trouble is, when you remove the badge, the bonnet is indented where the badge fits so you need to have it filled:( I bought a newer round Fiat badge to replace the one on the front of the car but unfortunately it's not big enough to cover said indentation and anything bigger would look rather commercial vehicle sized:(

Could get an Iveco badge ;)

Thanks for the answers. I'll most likely have the Pole fill in the hole...um...indentation :)

(Could have said "Pole fill in the hole with his pole", but I'm not saying it since I'm trying to stop :D

I hope mine's only glued...fingers crossed :)

By the way, are the headlights difficult to remove? Got a small spot of rust next to the left hand one, and I'm obviously gonna have that fixed while respraying it.

So, difficult to remove/replace them when the bumper's off? :D

(Forgot on my to-do list - need to see if I can raise the left side of the bumper as it's hanging a little :eek:)

Removed the bumper, headlights and badge today.

Bumper's held in place by four screws on each side, headlight's held in place by 4 screws on the back and 1 underneath. Badge was, of course, held in place by a screw :eek:

I also gave the B's belly a quick wash. Still looking good after 11 years, methinks :)

Attachments

• - CIMG5005.JPG
    - CIMG5005.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 31
  • - CIMG5008.JPG
    - CIMG5008.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 64
  • - CIMG5004.jpg
    - CIMG5004.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 39
Whoops...having the bonnet and wings resprayed the day after tomorrow :eek:

:)

What specifically is that anti chip thing? I remember reading something somewhere about it, but can't remember where :bang:

Btw., will it also work on fish? :D

Looks a bit on the expensive side. I'm not even sure they sell it in this godforsaken country. Could get a respray for that price, most likely...:p

Finally found out what a bra is. The car one, that is :)

Back