Death of a Legend

Currently reading:
Death of a Legend

I was just about to post an article about that - good thing I checked first!

I'm actually quite sad about Pavarotti's death, I had to hide it at work today so the kids wouldn't think I was upset because of them! :cry:

Tribute t a great man

And with this the death of Luciano Pavarotti I post this

R.I.P to a great tenor :cry:

Re: Tribute t a great man

That look on his face after finishing the last note is sheer pain. Apparently he suffered very badly when singing for a fair few years

He was a great favourite of mine and feel he will never be replaced Andre bocelli will never live up to what Pavarotti achieved in a million years :(

He was a great favourite of mine and feel he will never be replaced Andre bocelli will never live up to what Pavarotti achieved in a million years :(

they are all great in their own ways. Pavarotti was unique, my god what a voice, no-one will ever come close

Not only was he a great tenor but he could sing even with the likes of Elton john as in this another favourite of mine

And I wondered why the place of his funeral (Modena) rang a bell...

"An ancient town, it is the seat of an archbishop, but is now best known as "the capital of engines", since the factories of the famous Italian sports car makers Ferrari, Bugatti, De Tomaso, Lamborghini, Pagani and Maserati are located there, and all, except Lamborghini, have headquarters in the city or nearby."

R.I.P., we will miss you :cry:

up till recently i haven't cared about any form of 'classical' music even though i've been a member of a choir since i started secondary school :eek: and in the youth choir since 2001/2002 school term (though that's partly to do with the rather tasty girls(y) )!! i doubt it whether he is the best opera singer but i doubt it whether there will ever be as good a singer as him at least in my lifetime. he's brought opera from the posh places and introduced it to broader audiences eg. the italian football world cup. he also has added great passion to what he sings and is about the only well known opera singers. ask anyone the names of the three tenors and most people only come up with his name.

rest in peace, a great man

the two that are left will now be called 20 quid

more Pavarotti tribute gags

'Pavarotti's funeral is going to cost 15k, just goes to show you don't get much change from a tenor these days'

Damm.... I Bet That Pavarotti would live to be 100...Looks like i have lost a tenor

sheet of mdf £5.65, glue £1.90 handles and screws £1.50 and varnish 80P, see you can make a coffin for a tennor

Last edited:

You get worse as you get older and I dread to think what you will be like when your a GRAND DAD :bang:

I love classical music and was classically trained ..I played in the national youth orchestra of Wales and spent one year at the royal college Manchester [now the northern school of music] I won a musicians union scholarship for one year unfortunately I didn't continue but that is just as well as I suffered acute hearing problems followed by many operations which has left me very hard of hearing ..I also had the honour of playing with the Welsh national opera company pit Orchestra and cherish the experience ..yes there's more to PNL than many of you realise but because of my hearing loss and switch of employment going from prospective musician to engineering I don't often open up and talk about it but often think how my life may have changed :chin:

So the death of Luciano Pavarotti is a very sad moment in time for me and many people as we have lost to the world the music he gave us and the enjoyment many people had from the music he gave us ..

You get worse as you get older and I dread to think what you will be like when your a GRAND DAD :bang:

I love classical music and was classically trained ..I played in the national youth orchestra of Wales and spent one year at the royal college Manchester [now the northern school of music] I won a musicians union scholarship for one year unfortunately I didn't continue but that is just as well as I suffered acute hearing problems followed by many operations which has left me very hard of hearing ..I also had the honour of playing with the Welsh national opera company pit Orchestra and cherish the experience ..yes there's more to PNL than many of you realise but because of my hearing loss and switch of employment going from prospective musician to engineering I don't often open up and talk about it but often think how my life may have changed :chin:

So the death of Luciano Pavarotti is a very sad moment in time for me and many people as we have lost to the world the music he gave us and the enjoyment many people had from the music he gave us ..

you still not cool enough to have tribute jokes about you when you die though:rolleyes:

you still not cool enough to have tribute jokes about you when you die though:rolleyes:

I don't think joking about a great man like Luciano Pavarotti is some thing I would want to do ..I treat the moment as a great loss to not only me as a lover of classical music but to all the millions around the world who's heart he touched ..death of a great man such as this is no joking matter and I find it in very bad taste indeed :rolleyes:

Back