De-Badge front

Currently reading:
De-Badge front

si_pow

Italian Stallion Baby
Hey peeps. I was just wondering if anyone had any guides, tips or hints for de-badging the front "Fiat" badge.
Preferably step by step instructions? as im a bit hopless. lol.

many thankss :yum:

Last edited:
Its a 1998 Punto SX 60. Would appreciate any help :)

yeh im after the same for my 1998 sporting pal, i was told the only way to do it is by putting a plate or something metal behind the holes and then fillering and repainting but its a big job......so im still trying to find something easier!!! i know a good way to do the boot???

well technically you dont actualy need to put anything behind the holes as there actually pretty small, all i used on mine was fiberglass paste and its done the job(y)
(i have a cinq not a punto though)

Attachments

• Image014.jpg
    Image014.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
on the punto there is quite a size recess for the badge so i would personally weld a plate in there and then grind it down and use stopper there will be no sinkage and no splitting either and will last a life time.

If you lightly grind the badge area to recess it, fibreglass will be ok, then filler to finish, larger holes require plates ie doorlocks, but beware of heat distortion, Ant!

yeh im after the same for my 1998 sporting pal, i was told the only way to do it is by putting a plate or something metal behind the holes and then fillering and repainting but its a big job......so im still trying to find something easier!!! i know a good way to do the boot???

Hi could you tell me how to do the de badge the boot so it still looks good? Thanks:)

Hi could you tell me how to do the de badge the boot so it still looks good? Thanks:)

Hi mate,
Im assuming you have a MK1 punto from your quote. You need to remove the badges, which will reveal holes. You then need to add a small plate behind the holes and and then use a small amount of filler in the recess and sand it down untill its smooth and level with the rest of the boot. Then respray the boot. Job done.

Hope that helps,
Alan

The holes are that small you could just mig weld them, but you will be ok to just lightly tap the holes in, then fibreglass rub rub!! then filler or stopper, prime and paint, and dont forget to paint behind the repair so as no condensation can creep in from behind, theres nothing wrong with fibreglass if used correctly, A recent test by practical classics, who first drilled large holes in a panel then subjected it to salt spray for ages, and it held up perfectly, Ive used it for years and never had a prob or comeback! dont be scared! Ant!

Attachments

• ants pics n95  oct 192.jpg
    ants pics n95 oct 192.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 19
Back