day insurance, for under 21?

Currently reading:
day insurance, for under 21?

faster4_tec

Burninator of threads!
I've used dayinsure before, and for being under 21 the excess is daft like £1000 for upto group 15 cars, can't drive anything higher than that with them.

but, now seems if your under 21 you just can't do it? at all!! :mad: its literally a month till I'm 21 and you can't cheat the dates (I tried) as it checks with the dvla computer now :mad: :mad:

my insurance company (privilege) won't even talk to me about it, they just want me to sign upto a whole 2nd contract for a 2nd car, and it came out as daft money (like nearly £2k, when I can get a whole policy for car in question for under £500 fully comp :mad: ).

seems i'm buggered, there is no way of driving said car home legally without laying out at least £120 for a months insurance then cancelling it at a cost of god knows how much (n)

its manchester to sunderland, so wouldn't really expect anyone else to do it. I've done it before with dayinsure, but now the website looks different and it simply won't let me do it (says in their terms).

just trying to gauge what other companies will do it. failing that I'll take a mate with me insure it in their name and so on... but then I've got to pay for another train seat (nearly £100 for one!! :eek: ) and don't get the fun of driving a new project home!

as for tax and test, its got plenty.

you mean...

me using my fully comp term meaning that I can drive other cars 3rd party.

doesn't work, as the car would by then belong to me.and AFAIK the car NEEDS to be covered by someone elses (the owners) insurance in the first place.

Ahhhhhh, thought you didn't have that option. Last time that happened to me, I might have told the seller the situation and he might have agreed to tell the police/ insurance he still owned the car and I was driving it with his permsission in the event of any accident. Maybe.

But then I knew him quite well.

Apparently Norwich Union do day cover for £9? Thats what the buyer of my cabby said yesterday. As i have 2 weeks until my policy runs out and my insurance company want silly money to add it on for that period!

My insurance company allowed me a temporary fully comp cover note to test drive my current car, I was TPFT at the time on my old beast it cost about 20 quid or something, Although I was 21 at the time so don't know if they'll let you do something similar

do you have eBay? if so, "sell it" to a mate buy it now, and get their 7 days free insurance offer, a bit of a cheat and will cost you the few quid listing fee but will work no problems.

got my mate to drive it. pick it up tommorrow (WOOT) grand spend to date...

£14 for a days insurance + whatever ungodly amount of fuel we use on the way back (I'm expecting low 20's with his driving ;) ).

I also almost bought some wilwood superlight 4pot calipers/discs for it :cool:
and then (have) almost bought some of the dark grey/red rear lights, proper ones not chav'd sprayed ones.

hopefully it will make it home without exploding on me

Back