General Dashboard sliding vent issue

Currently reading:
General Dashboard sliding vent issue

Yorkshire Pud

Hi, the 2 sliding vents just above the radio slide from side to side but they are not connected to the rear flaps that direct the air flow. I need to remove the whole unit to re attach the plastic bits that connect the two together. Does the whole unit just pull out ? I don't want to force it and break something. Thanks.

As it happens...... as if by magic .... I have my old one it my cupboard. Yes it pulls out just be sure to do it carefully a flat head screwdriver or trim removal tool .... once out you can disassemble by unclicking the tabs

Attachments

• EC1F7C0C-FF61-4C1E-BB5D-FC7FC6375081.jpeg
    EC1F7C0C-FF61-4C1E-BB5D-FC7FC6375081.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 35
  • 507E821D-3A6F-411A-817E-231B6DB42982.jpeg
    507E821D-3A6F-411A-817E-231B6DB42982.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
OK. So how do I remove the radio ??

You need a couple of radio removal tools sell em in Halfords and Amazon or eBay
Using a small flat head screwdriver or trim tool gently prise out the blank plastic tabs on radio controls (upper & lower) this will reveal 2 holes either side
Then insert and gently waggle the radio side to side
Be careful as the radio removal prongs can slip out as you pull so try pushing them outward while you gently pull & waggle once out far enough you can just pull radio out
Be also very careful not to push the prongs in too deep or they will get stuck!

Got this sorted without taking it apart. There is a small plastic clip that clips onto all 4 horizontal fins which enables them to all move together. Problem is that it fits on the back of the fins.?. I wrapped a piece of thin gardening wire around the clip and fed it through the fins. I used the wire to get the clip into position at the rear of the top fin. I used a small Allen key poked through the fins to pull it forward which clipped it onto the fin. I did the same for all the fins working my way down, then removed the wire.?. I was weary about breaking something removing the radio and vent housing so I would call my venture a success.

I have a similar issue...ive managed to make the front vents clip to the plastic...however the rear black vents i cant get them to line up properly, therefor the white front vent wont open the rear vents when moving from left to right....any ideas preferably without removing the unit if possible!

Back