General Dashboard lights

Currently reading:
General Dashboard lights

kellys_eye

how do I get the dash housing out? and why do manufacturers have to make these things so bl**dy inaccessible? :mad: (n) :cry:

Nope, haven't even started yet!

I see the dash 'insert' and assume that it will 'lever out' (usual hidden clips etc). I've seen a drawing that shows removal of the WHOLE dashboard from left to right across the width of the vehicle but assume that's a bit of overkill for changing a few blown dash lamps???

Nope, haven't even started yet!

I see the dash 'insert' and assume that it will 'lever out' (usual hidden clips etc). I've seen a drawing that shows removal of the WHOLE dashboard from left to right across the width of the vehicle but assume that's a bit of overkill for changing a few blown dash lamps???

The overkill is not so much to stop people messing around with the cluster but to stop potential rattles from the surround/cluster.

Undo all visable screws then you need to remove top & bottom steering cowlings, look towards bottom of cluster & you will see the hidden screw;)

Hi I have just renewed all my light bulbs on a 1999 scudo19 el (colour blue- looks nice).
There is a hidden screw underneath the steering cowling that is accessible with a long screw driver (funny shape one-dont know the name) .
There is a hole but you cant see the screw-I did it the hard way and used a hacksaw blade because I did not know about the hidden screw.
Recap-2 screws in the facia/top /right side/plus hidden one accessible through long hole under steering column.

I want to change the steering wheel for a prettier (RED AND BLACK TO MATCH ALL THE TRIM) one and Im having difficulty accessing the size boss-is the steering nut the same as the ULYSEES.
HELP PLEASE.
I use my van to transport my disabled wife around in and to change it they wanted £25000 so I decided to tart it up, it looks good.

Back