Technical Dash

Currently reading:
Technical Dash

Rackham115

i was just wondering i would go about taking some of the dashboard in my stilo to bits. I got an 03 plate 3dr with the black interior and wanted to upgrade and paint the cd player and vents silver like in newer models. only problem with this is i don't know how to get the dashboard to bits. is there any way of justremoving the vents or do i have to take the complete dash out?:confused:

I have been wanting to do the same to mine for quite a while and dont like the stick on kit that we can buy for the stilo I think Rich is going to post up a "How to do " on this when he gets time and is sober :p

I have been wanting to do the same to mine for quite a while and dont like the stick on kit that we can buy for the stilo I think Rich is going to post up a "How to do " on this when he gets time and is sober :p

I'm always sober ;)

Rackham, if you go to my Connect Nav+ guide it describes how to remove the drivers side fusebox cover and "My Car" panel. All you need to do then is remove the two bolts and pull the airvent off (towards the back of the car on a horizontal plane). For the passenger side, remove the airbag switch (use a small flatblade; the switch has a groove), remove it, then undo the small posidrive screw under it. Open the lower glovebox and remove the Torx screws along the lefthand side, then remove the plastic trim on the left hand side of the dash. Repeat as with the righthand side to remove the airvent.

The middle airvent unscrews once the radio is out; remember to disconnect the wiring for the hazard warning light switch.

Believe me, it really is that easy!!

Oh and if you are gonna paint it, be sure to use a 2 part paint (separate silver and laquer) as a 1 part paint will wear off over time and with cleaning and general use.

Back