General dash display

Currently reading:
General dash display

i have an alpine head unit which displays the radio stn on it , will i loose the date n time on the dash display when the radio is on or can ya make the date n time stay on when my alpine is on so the dash isnt just blank . the radio facia with the cubby hole in looks cool does any one know if its a genuine part , i know autoleads dont do it and i havent done e bay before so can i get it from fiat ????

You can turn off the radio info bit in the "My Car" settings.
I use a Kenwood unit my self, and since that can't show the radio info on the dash, i have turned it off and it now shows the day/date.

its stilo the best said:
i have an alpine head unit which displays the radio stn on it , will i loose the date n time on the dash display when the radio is on or can ya make the date n time stay on when my alpine is on so the dash isnt just blank . the radio facia with the cubby hole in looks cool does any one know if its a genuine part , i know autoleads dont do it and i havent done e bay before so can i get it from fiat ????

An aftermarket head unit wont display anything on the dash as standard afaik. The date/time/menu is all you get.

Autoleads do make the fascia with the cubby hole, thats where I got mine. Fiat I believe only supply the one without the cubby hole. The cubby hole is angled in such a way it holds nothing steady. One quick pull away and it's on the floor. Heres an idea though?

Attachments

• IMGP4129.JPG
    IMGP4129.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 26
bozzy said:
An aftermarket head unit wont display anything on the dash as standard afaik. The date/time/menu is all you get.

Autoleads do make the fascia with the cubby hole, thats where I got mine. Fiat I believe only supply the one without the cubby hole. The cubby hole is angled in such a way it holds nothing steady. One quick pull away and it's on the floor. Heres an idea though?

thanks for that , every autoleads piccy on the net ive seen doesnt have the cubby hole in , but if yours is an autoleads one then that'll do for me , do i need special tools to get old stereo out dya know :confused:

its stilo the best said:
thanks for that , every autoleads piccy on the net ive seen doesnt have the cubby hole in , but if yours is an autoleads one then that'll do for me , do i need special tools to get old stereo out dya know :confused:

Many of us have used thick wire coathangers bent in a U shape and pushed home real deep. Others have resorted to drilling into the holes. Do a search and you can see the various methods used. I will se if I can find the site who supplied mine and post the link up.

Back