Technical Dash bulbs

Currently reading:
Technical Dash bulbs

steve101

Thanks to Herts Hillhopper I now know how to change the heater control bulbs. Can anyone tell me what size bulbs, are they 1.2w or 2w, or does it matter that much? Has anyone replaced them with led's?

Thanks for the reply. Just ordered two led's from ebay. Will let you know how I get on.

To answer the question, just in case anyone else asks, the bulbs are 1.2 watt wedge base.

I've thought about using LEDs but wonder if they might actually be too bright? On mine, with bulbs still, I find the red/blue band of the heater control is very bright out the corner of my eye (I wear glasses which may have something to do with it).

Let us know how you get on.

Pete

I paid £1.60 on ebay for two white led T5 286 bulbs. I thought I would fit one to compare it to the original bulb. The led is marginally brighter but it gives a more yellow cast to the instruments and it does not spread as evenly as the old bulbs. The leds I have appear to be more of a focused light. I have ordered some red wide angle leds to try and will let you know how I get on with those.

Red leds much better but still slightly more focused light. They are much nearer original light colour but not as bright, especially on the heat setting. I had to buy 10 bulbs so I have 8 spare. If anyone wants a couple to try, p.m. me your address and I will send you them. They are 30 pence each so with 2nd class postage @36p, you can send me £1.00 in stamps to cover my costs.

Back