DAMMIT!! no details left

Currently reading:
DAMMIT!! no details left

my car was hit last night/this morning when i was sleeping no idea who did it no note left :mad:

i swear there is a company for just such occasions, anybody know a website? (i only have TPFT... FC was another 500 on top of what im already paying, which is extortionate)

N/S/F wing, h/light and bumper damaged!

Last edited:
been phoning round places for repair estimates today!
heres the photos! kinda hard to see the wing damage on wet black paint but :(

20012012085.jpg
20012012086.jpg
20012012087.jpg
20012012088.jpg

MIB wont pay out because 'Untraced' is a term they use for, for instance a cloned vehicle where the DRIVER isnt traceable not the VEHICLE. they require a reg of the offending vehicle. :bang::bang::mad::mad:

I was about to reply to say that the MIB don't pay out unless there is an injury, as that was the case when I worked in insurance. However, it looks like that has now changed. Some info I found...

http://www.caraccidents.co.uk/car-accidents-with-uninsured-drivers.html

You do not need a reg number, according to this info. But you must report it to the police within 5 days.

I have Comp cover, but I'll change to TPF&T next time, as it looks like you bizarrely get better cover that way now! If you were Comp then your premium would go up (due to NCD and/or claim cost on history). If TPF&T then the MIB pay you (minus £300), but your premium is unaffected. So you're better off with less cover from what I can see.

I was about to reply to say that the MIB don't pay out unless there is an injury, as that was the case when I worked in insurance. However, it looks like that has now changed. Some info I found...

http://www.caraccidents.co.uk/car-accidents-with-uninsured-drivers.html

You do not need a reg number, according to this info. But you must report it to the police within 5 days.

I have Comp cover, but I'll change to TPF&T next time, as it looks like you bizarrely get better cover that way now! If you were Comp then your premium would go up (due to NCD and/or claim cost on history). If TPF&T then the MIB pay you (minus £300), but your premium is unaffected. So you're better off with less cover from what I can see.

well they refused my claim because the taxi that forced me off the road,didnt actually hit me
maybe I should have thrown myself under the wheels!

well they refused my claim because the taxi that forced me off the road,didnt actually hit me
maybe I should have thrown myself under the wheels!

Those ones are always impossible to prove unfortunately, whoever you're claiming from. You need to almost avoid them in future!

my point being that MIBs definition of Untraceable is an Untraceable driver not an Untraceable vehicle.

So if you report an incident with a cloned vehicle or vehicle Thats had its plates swapped chances are they will pay out... If your in my Unfortuneate situation where you have no offending vehicle details and attemp to make a claim it Will be rejected so Im now lumbered with a hefty bill for a headlight, wing, bumper and other bits replacement before i even consider a match and blend from the local bodyshop!

Im standing by my moto of people are <insert expletive here> because so far people havent given me a reason to think otherwise

What you say differs from what I've read tonight. Is this what the MIB have said or some claims company?

Back