Damaged Paintwork - council muppets !

Currently reading:
Damaged Paintwork - council muppets !

*SCREAAAAAAAM*

So, I'm driving home from work tonight along the A814 Clydeside Expressway the overhead gantries are showing the offside (right hand) lane closed for no apparent reason.... so there we are, all trundling along at 30MPH, then reducing to 20MPH just before the off-slip for the clyde tunnel...

Off-slip (nearside) is coned off, with a few workmen pottering around sweeping stuff from the edge of the carriageway... yet overhead gantries still say |20|20|X|. I'm thinking, muppets have X'd the wrong lane ! :bang:

Anyways, all of a sudden there's this HUGE BANG from the passenger side door. I ducked, swerved, and swore. Got off at the next exit, my exit anyway and stopped to check out WTF that noise was.

Small dent in the passenger door, paint chipped and appears to be down to the primer. The sods have obviously been sweeping detrius out from the side of the carriageway (TOWARDS the live lane!!), and what sounded like a fairly substantial rock has hit my car and chipped the paintwork. :mad:

Raging, I turned down a side road, and went back along the street you can see on Google maps, parked next to them and asked to speak to the boss.

"Errr, nobody here mate, what's up?"

"Someone just hit my car with something as I was driving by, and it's F***KED my paint !"

"Awww, ****. Yeah that was probably one of us. The boss is kicking around in a white van somewhere, but best bet is to pop down to the office in the morning."

Get this though... they aren't roads maintenance workers... they are PARKS maintenance, working on the roads... WTF ?

So, phoned the councils roads team to complain, woman has take an note of details, what happened etc, and given me a number to call to speak to their 'claims team'.

I can see how this is going to go... they will likely tell me to F.O. What would you do in this situation ? Insurers ? I can see myself getting hit with a non-fault claim (and losing NCB) if the council don't play ball.

What about Fiat First ? I should probably use them to get the repair done, to maintain the paintwork / anti-corrosion warranty ?

R A G I N G really doesn't cover it at this current moment !

<end rant>
Chris.

Get a local FIAT dealer to quote for the repair,
get pics of the roadworks if still there, and your damage,

names of supervisor , time, etc,
then fill in the councils claim form,

that way yopu've got a CHANCE of an official repair paid for and sorted,
charlie

I tried to get pics of the roadworks last night but couldn't because I'd basically have to get up onto the carriageway/overbridge to do it - IMO too dangerous. I could only take pics from a side road which were dark and basically useless :(

They won't still be there as it was just overnight clean-up maintenance. Going to go see 'the boss' now though... so we'll see what he says.

Arnie Shark is my local dealer, i'm sure it'll be pricey :rolleyes:

Back