Damaged Door

Currently reading:
Damaged Door

bett

My Fiat Cinquecento has a huge scratch mark on the drivers door.

My Dad knows someone who can spray it quite cheap for me (he did his scooter)

The only thing is that I cant find the colour code number. I've looked on the door and on the engine and just can't find it.

Halfords said they can make up the paint but I've heard they are quite bad... dunno if its true though.

Realistically do you think respraying the door will work? or will it look a different shade? I dont know much about respraying you see :eek:

Your thoughts?

That looks quite a nasty little scrap you have there. You might be able to improve the scrap with a bit of rubbing compound but by the looks of it, if you want a perfect appearance then a respray of the door will be required.

The paint code will probably be on the boot lid, have a look there. If it's been resprayed with a different colour good luck, some places have analysers to determine paintcodes.

If the bloke is good at his job you'll never know the scrap was there.

Cheers. Well the bloke who did my Dad's scooter is very good at things like this. He is coming to have a look at it soon.
My dad seems to think it's gone through to the undercoat. I said to him would it be worth getting a new door from the scrappy but he seems to think it will look alright with a quick spray.
I'm not after a perfect job as it's my first car. I just want it to not looks as bad and as obvious as it is.
Thanks for your advice.

Back