damage to ebay item

Currently reading:
damage to ebay item

woohoo! i got my new bonnet... at least thats what i first thought.

the packaging was shoddy to say the least... it was two raleigh bike boxes taped up with brown tape, and another little box attached up to fill another gap in the packaging.

now the bravo bonnet... has two little points at the end where the scuttle panel/tool shelf is, these two points had BROKEN THROUGH the sh*t packaging and BENT around the edge of the box.

there is also a scuff on the edge of one of the sides of the bonnet that was clearly done in transit too.

so both the top corners of the bonnet are bent and scuffed and the paint is cracked and its gonna rust and i am really REALLY annoyed!!!

so basically, where do i stand with this?! i paid £20 postage and packaging for this to happen. i dunno if it was insured or anything. i havent messaged the guy i got it off yet. so can i ask for my money back? or part of it back? or can i get postage costs or something back from parcel force? ive never delt with anything like this before :confused:

bonnets sadly are one of the most easily damaged items. when jordan was running his bodyshop business this was one of the things that aggravated him, he said parcelforce were the worst for damaging a well packaged bonnet.

Last edited:
bonnets sadly are one of the most easily damaged items. when jordan was running his bodyshop business this was one of the things that aggravated him, he said parcelforce were the worst for damaging a well packaged bonnet.

:yeahthat: My very well packaged bonnet was damaged by parcelforce. :bang: :mad: :bang:

Did you at least sign for it as Damaged?
That would make it much easier for the seller to get their compensation from the courier (and of course then send you a replacement/refund). You should still be able to claim this off the seller if you just signed your name but it does mean they could turn round and say well you signed to say it arrived safely...

my dad signed for it, but hes been on the parcelforce website and it says if was damaged due to the senders poor packaging, which was crap, then they dont give them any compensation as it was their fault. so my dispute is with the seller and going through parcelforce isnt going to do much tbh

what do they do to them, chuck them from a 1st story window or summat :confused:

people dont consider compression damage
items may seem well packaged,however how are they with 5 or 6 20kg packages on top?
you can see the corners have come right through the box,then they become really vunerable

Last edited:
BTW, YOU don't need to pay for insurance. It is the SELLER'S responsibility to get the item to you intact & the insurance is purely for their benefit - no matter what they try to palm you off with, insurance is the seller's responsibility - how can the buyer take out postal insurance when they know not how the seller will wrap (or even if they will bother to wrap) the item?

howsabout

Hi

Received the bonnet, however it has been damaged beyond repair due to poor packaging. Therefore i'm asking you to refund my money, and I'll either scrap the item or if you would like it back then please refund + £20 to cover return postage. That might seem unfair, but please view it from my shoes - it has been damaged by a mistake on your part, not mine. Something I'm not willing to, or should be expected to become out of pocket to cover.

Hugs and kisses
xxx

Last edited:
Back