Technical Cv boots on seicento

Currently reading:
Technical Cv boots on seicento

Bnmtuning

Hi guys. My inner boots need replacing I've already got drive shafts out as engine is sat on my bench & I cannot source the cv boot kit anywhere! eBay iv looked but can't be sure if they'll fit as they're different either side. It's a 0.9 seicento can someone please help me!

Thanks alot

Last edited:
Thanks for the link & regards to the universal boots il have alook on eBay. Probably a really stupid question but the Allen key shaped bung (the one nearer the top of gearbox) is that to fill it up with oil? As there wasn't any in the gearbox at all to start with

How easy are the universal boots to fit? If it's too much trouble I may as well get the actual ones that fit.

On the 899s, don't use universal ones: they'll hold grease (and probably be OK for outers) but the inner boots on the 899 incorporate a bearing and need to retain gearbox oil.

Get the real ones from Shop4Parts or eurocarcare.net.

Fitting stuff in the Cinq Haynes Manual or the Seicento Technical Manual.

Thanks fingers. Went to order both boots from ricambio.co.uk and both boots state they are 80mm :s when on my car one side is 73mm and the other is 80mm.

The boots they sell for the cinquecento are 80mm & 73mm but I have a seicento!!! How confusing is this

Not confusing at all really, The Sei is just a Cinq in a dress.

As fingers states, use the correct boots for oil retention, the reason you have no gearbag oil, is it all came out the failed boot.

Hex plug in front face of box is the filler

Cheers

D

Back