General CV boot

Currently reading:
General CV boot

Toolbah

Totaly new to the world of Fiat so please be gentle with me :eek:.
I have just replaced the n/s inner cv boot on a 2002 Seicento S with 62K. I lost a little of the gear oil from the bearing housing assembly and would like to know what type/grade of oil is used. It looked a little dirty and wondered if it ever needed replacing during the cars life??
My local motor factors have quoted me that it is a fully synthetic oil at £17 a litre :eek: and theres me thinking Volvo auto box oil was dear :D.
Your help would be appreciated. (y)

Totaly new to the world of Fiat so please be gentle with me :eek:.
I have just replaced the n/s inner cv boot on a 2002 Seicento S with 62K. I lost a little of the gear oil from the bearing housing assembly and would like to know what type/grade of oil is used. It looked a little dirty and wondered if it ever needed replacing during the cars life??
My local motor factors have quoted me that it is a fully synthetic oil at £17 a litre :eek: and theres me thinking Volvo auto box oil was dear :D.
Your help would be appreciated. (y)

off the top of my head i believe it was 70w90 that was for my 899 cinq so there shouldnt be any different (unless yours is the 1108cc) bennets sold it for just under £4 a litre

Ash

off the top of my head i believe it was 70w90 that was for my 899 cinq so there shouldnt be any different (unless yours is the 1108cc) bennets sold it for just under £4 a litre

Ash
Thanx for the reply as it happens it is the 1108cc engine!! would that make a difference??

Back