Technical Cutting out

Currently reading:
Technical Cutting out

tanz

Hi
I have recently had some problems with my x reg seicento it was cutting out and black
From exhaust I had the front flex exhaust replaced and seemed to run & sound a lot better
however today as I slowed down to turn a corner it cut out I restarted it and it started fine
but within a few seconds it went again but started again fine.. Any ideas ad what could be causing this
problem.
Thanks

It has just had the spark plugs and leads done 2 weeks ago
whilst getting the exhaust done and the air filter is ok so I was told
I have just put petrol in today about 10 mins before it cut out could this
be related?

I have no idea I only bought it about 4 weeks ago
but have had nothing but problems with it

I am trying to was just trying to find out if anyone
had any ideas what was causing it

Thanks

Yes it's an spi so would suggest I get an oil change?

Thanks for the advice i have booked it in for an oil change this week..is it an expensive job to get the fuel filter changed as well? As while i was ou yesterday it cut out when i was stopped in traffic but started ok again but when i was driving felt like it was pulling like not much power in it

Hi
Ok so as I mentioned on my earlier post I am
Having a problem with cutting out I have now had
The oil changed a new filter a new fuel filter new plugs
And leads and new front flex exhaust and garage has had
It on the computer with no errors coming up but it is still cutting out when I'm stopped in traffic or sometimes just driving along.. Any help please??

Mine has started doing that and a passing mechanic asked me if there was petrol in it! Daft question but - has your car got enough petrol in it?!

My fiat has injection cutout switch under passenger seat, don't know if the cinqs and seis have this feature/option too.

Also sensors (Maf/Map depending on what you have) can cause cutting out, mine would stall all the time when coming to a halt, so i cleaned Map and problem solved (Had carbon on it though so i ended up scraping it off -.-)

Leaking hoses can also cause faults like these, so if you think there are a few loose connections around, also cleaning contacts on some of sensory connectors also, i know its a bit of a job, but its all i can reccomend for now.

Migs.

In this case I would fault it to the lambda sensor. How are your CO emissions? It's the easier way to spot a faulty sensor.

Back