Technical Crunchy second gear?

Currently reading:
Technical Crunchy second gear?

jings_crivens_help_ma_boab_apron-p154945284605179950tdtg_210.jpg

What does that got to do with anything :p?

Ming

Its a polite scottish version of 'phuque'.

Surely you knew that gearbag oil has to be warmed up, same as engine oil.

Cheers

SPD

Last edited:
Always though that the gearbox runs a thicker oil, so it get lube up as soong as it starts spinning :p

Obviously not :p!!! Am surprise how long ma first cinq 899 lasted me! blown hg, fooked radiator and fan ....

ming

that thing was solid, used to over heat everytime i go to uni (get stuck in traffic jam), and everytime i leave uni i will top it up before i leave)

Then i got some of those headgasket fixer thing, pour into the header tank, then everything ran fine :D

then i crashed it ........
Ming

I think the Fiat reccommended gear box oil is a full synthetic (multigrade), I assumed this was cause the sportings duty cycle needed it.

The box will heat up pretty hot from both its internal friction and conduction from the engine.

I had been planning on some combination of

- an (short) underpan to flow the air more over the sump and box.
- an oil cooler
- a sandwich plate

donno.

The final on my box and primary shaft seem very noisy.

Noel

I had been planning on some combination of

- an (short) underpan to flow the air more over the sump and box.
- an oil cooler
- a sandwich plate

donno.

The final on my box and primary shaft seem very noisy.

Noel

Sounds as though it's just knackered. An oil cooler isn't going to make much difference to the gearbox oil (and is pretty much unnecessary unless you live somewhere very hot -- Saudi, maybe -- or have a very tweaked engine). Of course, a knackered gearbox will tend to overheat its oil.

But, young Ming, the other side is that some gearboxes actually have -- and need -- seperate oil pumps and oil coolers. All oils work well only within a specific temperature range.

Back