General Cruise Control aftermarket fit?

Currently reading:
General Cruise Control aftermarket fit?

sdds_8

Can this be done to the Grande Punto? I'm keen on getting the 1.9 Sporting second hand and then getting cruise added. Did a search but didnt come up with much info.

I've got a Skoda Fabia vRS and had aftermarket cruise fitted at a guys house for £100. Looks and performs just like the factory fit as the fabia onboard computer has the cruise facility built in. It just needs activation. Oddly not many dealers are willing to offer the service! Some even claim it cant be done!

Just wondered if the same is possible with the fiat. Would love to get one but cant justify buying new just for cruise control!

Thanks
Bradley

Can this be done to the Grande Punto? I'm keen on getting the 1.9 Sporting second hand and then getting cruise added. Did a search but didnt come up with much info.

I've got a Skoda Fabia vRS and had aftermarket cruise fitted at a guys house for £100. Looks and performs just like the factory fit as the fabia onboard computer has the cruise facility built in. It just needs activation. Oddly not many dealers are willing to offer the service! Some even claim it cant be done!

Just wondered if the same is possible with the fiat. Would love to get one but cant justify buying new just for cruise control!

Thanks
Bradley

hmmm how much are you getting the 1.9 for?

There are some private one floating around asking about £8000-£9000 a year old with 10k-20k on the clock.

I'd have to pay about £10500 for one from buyacar with cruise control.

Maybe it is better to buy new but I hate losing cash!

There are some private one floating around asking about £8000-£9000 a year old with 10k-20k on the clock.

I'd have to pay about £10500 for one from buyacar with cruise control.

Maybe it is better to buy new but I hate losing cash!

Haha tru but it doesnt bother me much :D id get a new 1 deffenetly i meen 10-20k miles it quight a bit!

Just think about it if ya got a new 1, u can chose your own colour, new car smell, 57 licence plate and nothnik on the clock! and a 3rd hand car would be harder to sell then a 2nd hand 1!

Id go for it man even if you get finance its 0% for new cars!

Tom

i was goin to spend about £8k on a 2nd hand car but thought i may aswell pay an extra £2k on a brand new one then, at least i know it ain't been thrashed or messed about

i was goin to spend about £8k on a 2nd hand car but thought i may aswell pay an extra £2k on a brand new one then, at least i know it ain't been thrashed or messed about

Paid £9.4k for my 56 plate 1.9 Mjet from TJ's in Donnington in March, 1,400 miles on the clock.

New Orleans Blue.

Something like that would be idea, nearly new or exdemo.

That's why I am curious to find out if cruise control can be added.

ye it rely is a lost cause trying to get a dealer to help with adding things to your car that isent a accsesorie even then they get all pissey with some peaces, for egsample:

I said to the guy oh i quight fancy the 17" sporting wheels in the accsesorie brochure and he was like " oh no they can only be bort it you have a deasel, and they wont fit your car" , i though "oh crap", then i went onto this forum and it turns out that the ONLY reason they wouldent sell it to me is because they dont want a 1.2 active smoking around with sporting wheels on it, so stuped!

You can have an after market cruise control fitted it you like.

I have just had rear parking sensors fitted by a company called auto roofs in leicester. I asked the question and they doooo fit em!(y)

Unless you do a lot of motorway driving I wouldn't bother with a cruise control.

Also it must be different to where you are; mine's not even a Sporting and cruise control came as standard :confused:

I use cruise control a lot on my fabia vRS. Think I might just stick with the fabia for a while. I love the look of the grande punto but at the moment I can't justify spending the cash on a new one!

Back