General Crashed :(

Currently reading:
General Crashed :(

softwarez

Established member
Hey.. I used to own a Punto, well i still do ( whats left of it) but i crashed today, all my front end is smashed up.. it looks like a write off. So i decided i would probably buy a Stilo now.

And basically.. what should i look our for etc? any advice? I'm tihnking of an 3 door 1.2 Active. They any good? whats insraucne liek comapred to a punto mk1 55sx? thanks :)..

sammiboo said:
the insurance will be higher, the 55sx is a basic car. the best thing you can do is get an online quote from elephant to compare.

I just comapred with the same insurer i have now, and it's alot cheaper!! :O!?!?

bozzy said:
Hard luck with the crash Good call on buying a Stilo but as I say to all new owners. Make sure it is yellow.

Faster
More reliable
Women love you

:D! im lookin forward to it, they look sleak

softwarez said:
I'm tihnking of an 3 door 1.2 Active. They any good? whats insraucne liek comapred to a punto mk1 55sx? thanks :)..
Define good - all depends what you are used to, but I hate small engined cars; I have driven the 1.2 a few times, as a courtesy car from my dealership, and even if I spank it, I feel like opening the door, jumping out, and pushing it :D

Why not contemplate a JTD? Only group 5 insurance as well (y)

bozzy said:
Hard luck with the crash Good call on buying a Stilo but as I say to all new owners. Make sure it is yellow.

Faster
More reliable
Women love you

Steel Grey [Metalic] No colour match problems with this colour :D and if possible try to get at least a 1.6 these are group 5 the same as a FIESTA opps :p sorry swear word :D and choice of 3 or 5dr is yours and nobody elses [Get a 5dr ]:D

Dunno about the 1.2 its a bit slugish, obviously the 3door stilo is a cracking motor :D Like PNL sed the 1.6 is only group 4/5 and the 1.9jtd is group 5 (with a remap 155bhp)? I dunno how old you are but i went the 1.8 which is only insurance group 7 when i was 18 and it werent much more to insure than my 1.2 8v punto :eek:

although there is the 1.4 now as the 1.2 was discontinued? Think really low insurance groups aswell something like 3/4!!

But you know you really want something bigger than a 1.6 (y)

Stuart DemonD said:
I drove Twincamm's 1.6 as well, and that drove me mad :p :spin:

Although me and froggie666 did start to smell the Pirellis at one point :slayer:

Stu you are an Animal [poor bloody car] :D I bet your Abarth gives a sigh of releaf when it pulls into your drive of a night time and shakes with fright when it sees you coming in the morning :p :D

1.8Stilo said:
Dunno about the 1.2 its a bit slugish, obviously the 3door stilo is a cracking motor :D Like PNL sed the 1.6 is only group 4/5 and the 1.9jtd is group 5 (with a remap 155bhp)? I dunno how old you are but i went the 1.8 which is only insurance group 7 when i was 18 and it werent much more to insure than my 1.2 8v punto :eek:

although there is the 1.4 now as the 1.2 was discontinued? Think really low insurance groups aswell something like 3/4!!

But you know you really want something bigger than a 1.6 (y)

Have you actually driven the 1.2? For a 1.2 its perfectly acceptable! It'll feel better than the 55 Punto! Ins group 4!

Insurance wise, the Stilo does show well. I got a quote to compare the 1.6 dynamic to the 1.2 Brava, and the Stilo ended up giving me a cheaper quote. So newer car, Higher spec and larger engine, yet cheaper quote

I used to own a 1.2 Mk2 Punto 8v. Now I have the 1.2 Stilo 16v 3dr, the insurance was cheaper and the car, although bigger is alot faster due to the extra valves. Good choice on the stilo, just dont let any1 sit in the back seats if they get in on the passenger side, u might get a airbag failure!

1.8Stilo said:
Yes i have as we have a 1.2 16v stilo aswell as the 1.8 16v... it is acceptable for a 1.2 16v and is certainly quicker than previous 1.2 8v punto ive owned! But its still slow :p

When your used to a 1.8 16v, anything less is gonna appear slow :p

Stilo has a higher N-cap rating than the punto, so it has a better safety coefficient, that means that they are cheaper insurance.

personally, i'm sure you'll see the difference immediately between the punto adn the 1.2 but it wont last long. you'll want more from the stilo, it's a bigger heavier car, so 1.2 imho is not enough.
unfortunately, to be fair, the 1.6 AS falls into this category for me these days too.

the only down side with the 1.9JTD is it sounds like a tractor... after having sat in place next to moogs and stliosporting to have my windows juddering from the engine noise...

Back