General Crashed :(

Currently reading:
General Crashed :(

I havent given it much thought but currently I get twice the economy from my JTD than my 1.6 Dynamic. A precise saving of £1200 a year. If I keep it for 3 years it should cover any premium I paid over a petrol model. Work pay me 40p per business mile which is around 4 times what I pay at the pump.

Lots of fun remapped or not.
Cheap to run. 52mpg.
Cheap to insure £235 fully comp.
Tax £115
Rattles at idle and that's it.

Give a diesel a go.

Hang on, that's wrong, £1000 a year, not £1200

Last edited:
Ah but thats a F**D!

I've seen 200k and 300k+ out of a tempra/tipo 1.9TD (both engines going strong but the tipo needed a head gasket) and the Sedici if looked after should see 250k. If looked after almost any engine should last forever!

Depending on what size petrol you go for Tax could be an issue. Currently I pay the full £170+ for both Tipo and Marea although due to its low emissions Bunny only pays £115 for her Bravo. :(

StiloBoy said:
See my point exactly with Bob, he's just went for a NEW Punto Grande Sporting, so thats like about £11.5k! But i'm sure he paid no more than £7.5k for his Stilo when he got that new! ;)

If you cover 20k or more a year then i agree its worth getting a tdi, otherwise its touch and go, its down to preference, and if you prefer to pay more for the car then you can take that choice! ;) But just because you say so doesn't make it better to but tdi! ;)

I paid just over £5k for my stilo when it was 2 years and a bit old with 24k on it, so you cant really compare it to my new car, also being a 1.2 cant compare to a 1.9mjtd. The main reason i chose to go diesel was that i do 18 to 20k miles a year and the majority of the time thats on the motorway where diesels are at their best with all the torque etc...

Also i wanted a car with a bit more performance on the motorway but didnt want to compromise on fuel economy, so to go to a bigger petrol engine would mean getting lower consumption. To me diesel was the most logical option for me at this moment in time :)

Back