General crashed car !

Currently reading:
General crashed car !

So you pay £2300 a year for you to not declare alloys and then in turn have your policy cancelled. You aren't insured if you are driving around without mods declared so you are part of the problem, hence why insurers put prices up. Tbh if you are unhappy about paying that much in the first place then dont mod till the price comes down. Its simple. Its what i did.

Last edited:
I got the car with the alloys though! I don't think I could spend loads of money on alloys or anything else actually on a car that will last me maybe a few months! With my job cars don't last terribly long and am yet to have one longer than 7 months

lol delivery driver, 100+ miles a day! Well 2 of them cars were written off by dopes, one I had for a week because I hated it to drive (clio), one i got rid of because someone knackered my locks! 1st punto had a cracked cylinder head when I bought it and never realised (lasted 6 months till it got 2 bad to drive!) I'm still on the 6th car! Just been really really unlucky!

That is bad luck. I do 80+ miles every working day on a 55s, and after 85,000 miles (on top of the 55,000 it already had) and 5 years together, my car has only just started to become questionably economical (in other words I have wrecked the gearbox.... erm.... twice!). You must have had some bad luck (although stop-start delivery driving is harder work than a twice-a-day commute).

Last edited:
Yeah! That's why I spent more on this last punto hoping it will last a while! Should have known doesn't matter how much you spend you still get the problems! More problems with this than any other! Since I got it it's been leaking from more holes and seals than a thai hooker!

Getting my written off car back and putting the engine in my one with the cracked cylinder head so I may go back to that car again! Sell the one I'm currently using and strip whats left of the engine donor for parts!

cars gonna be written off im getting an offer on monday, any ideas how much i should be expecting to see off them ? its a limited edition punto mk2 5000000, 30k miles.. ? Got a budget of about 3k to buy a new one, if anyone see's any goo ads feel free to post :D

managed to get 3000 pound for the car, was declared a right off, not bad considering i paid 1,750. any ideas what car i should get ? :)

they said 2646 to start with but i got some other ads of cars that were alot higher the same as mine and they moved it upto 3k

Cant help with car choices though if I had the wedge a new MiTo MultiAir would be nice :)

Alfas are ok. My bro's 156 JTD 2.4 is doing fine after 150,000. My HGT Punto has been a slight headache with its Alfa engine but I reckon it was regularly cleaned and garaged but not properly serviced so I'm payng the price for other's neglect.

The delights of used cars.

Back