General Crash update

Currently reading:
General Crash update

HornetUK

Established member
Stilo went off on low loader 13/10 with pick up guy saying its only two cracks in the bumper.

Today get a call from an assesor asking where car is, tell him, apologises for confusion as he has that on notes!

Anyway ask himw whats going on he said they were expecting to replace a bumper but quote has come in for 5 times as much!!! Repair co. want to replace rear panel, boot and bumper, so he is off to have a look to give the OK.

Told him boot not damaged at all in anyway, he said when the rear panel behind bumper crumples it takes boot with it, when new panel fitted boot likely to be out of line? Sound right anyone?

So not likely to see car this week and a simple new bumper seems to be much worse now :(

Yep, that's the crumple zone.:bang:
It can often look quite healthy on the outside but pull back a few bits of trim and carpet and things can get quite distorted with even quite a low speed rear shunt. Has to be sorted properly otherwise it's not a crumple zone any more

our 206 was hit at 15mph, pushed rear bumper in, bent floor, repair company repaired floor, now you can see filler marks, rear panel not aligned, boot doesn't shut properly, bumper not aligned, wrong colour shade used etc.
so far car has been repaired 4 times by the insurance company, they refuse to do any more, i have 2 rac reports saying it's not right, 2 peugoet dealers won't have the car as px (one says it needs a full respray),...........so make sure your car is repaired properly instead of the insurance company trying to get a cheap repair!

(this all started last september, it's now in the hands of the legal people to sort out)

Thats what I fear more problems once 'repaired'.

Have you had to instruct youown solicitors to deal with the insurance co? Must be costly & risky :(

HornetUK said:
Thats what I fear more problems once 'repaired'.

Have you had to instruct youown solicitors to deal with the insurance co? Must be costly & risky :(

we've complained to the insurance company who are not interested, so have gone to the financial ombudsman service who will look at the case and decide what to do..............we've told them to tell the insurers to buy the car off us and sell it on if they are happy witht the repairs..............no reply as yet!

i think it depends on the bodyshop you use, we were told we had to use the insurance approved one, but you can use any fiat approved repairer. i think in future i would find out the dealers approved repairer and let them take care of it

I used the insurers one for speed, as they said if I want to sort it myself they need two written quotes and even then they may say no find another two as too expensive. So Ive taken a chance on Milton Keynes Motor Company, only a small place in Bletchley, but approved by Albany Assistance.

I wish mine had gone to my local bodyshop as they are top notch.

The rear end shunt in my ibiza wasnt done properly by a local approved direct line repair centre, and the stilo was done by their accident management team, which was a farce at the time, and now the rear bumper is going all funny

Back